Alma College is currently accepting applications for the position of Cashier.
This position will be responsible for receipting all incoming cash, checks, online & credit card payments as well as serving as our customer service representative for the Financial Services Office.
This position will be Monday through Friday 8-3pm. There may be an occasional Saturday or evening required.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Answering the main line number
• Check, monitor, handle emails in the office email account (firstname.lastname@example.org)
• Open vault and inner safe and keep track of cash drawers that are needed for balancing and business
• Balance prior day receipts and prepare deposits to be sent to the banks
• Post payments to the student accounts, departmental accounts, or deposit payments
• Open mail and distribute to people in the office and others if needed
• Receipt all payments that come in the mail and from other offices such as cash, checks, credit card and online payments
• Make up cash boxes as requests come in
• Answering questions from parents, students, and employees
• Assist with accounts receivable processes
• Checking Out/In student p-cards
• Processing deposit refunds
• Preparation and mail billings for non-student AR accounts
• Assist with accounting for conferences and camps
• Assisting or planning office events
• Assist with collections of past due accounts – calling and preparation of letters
• Assist with reconciliation of student accounts for insurance, bookstore, spring term deposits, etc
• Maintaining spreadsheets for spring terms, alternative breaks and AOB rental income
• Accurate math skills
• Knowledge of general office procedures
• Proficient data entry
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Good interpersonal skills
Desirable Job Qualifications
• Experience with Microsoft suite of products
• Experience with accounting software
• Excellent organizational skills
Interested candidates must submit an Alma College application, cover letter, current resume, and the names of three professional references to Cassie Tennant, Controller, via email to email@example.com. For an Alma College application, please go to: https://www.alma.edu/live/files/3085-application-for-employment .
Alma College is a selective, baccalaureate liberal arts college committed to academic excellence and development of responsible leaders. Alma’s undergraduates thrive on challenging academic programs in a supportive, small-college environment emphasizing active, collaborative learning and close student-faculty interaction. Alma is a private Phi Beta Kappa institution located in the center of Michigan’s Lower Peninsula.
Alma College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Alma College recognizes that we are all transformed when we celebrate and value the varied identities backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives in our campus community. We are committed to recognizing and removing barriers to success and providing equitable access to opportunities through education and advocacy. In our increasingly diverse campus and world, we pledge to create a climate where everyone is safe and free to grow intellectually, spiritually, and emotionally.