Position Summary - The Assistant Director of Systems and Networks role is to develop and maintain a secure functional IT Infrastructure. This includes the development, maintenance and support of servers, storage, and networks, and ensuring best practices in backups, disaster recovery, and cybersecurity are followed.
Supervision Received/Supervision Exercised - Reports to the Director of Information Technology
Services. Provides supervision of ITS Infrastructure staff.
Essential Functions –
1. Responsible for the design, implementation, and support of the campus IT infrastructure
2. Responsible for the documentation, operation, and regular testing of backup and disaster recovery systems
3. Responsible for cyber-security efforts including vulnerability scanning and remediation
4. Responsible for identity management practices, processes, and systems
5. Responsible for infrastructure related customer service outcomes
6. Manage operational and infrastructure project costs
7. Prepares RFPs, bid proposals, and other documentation for infrastructure projects
8. Participate in developing and implementing short and long-term project priorities and objectives
9. Manages infrastructure related vendor relationships
10. Works collaboratively with ITS teams and campus departments providing expert technical guidance, support, and leadership
11. Provides project management for ITS projects
12. Maintains up-to-date system logs and documentation
13. Develops end user documentation and training materials
14. Regularly monitors and reports to the ITS Director on system utilization, cyber security issues, and operational incidents
15. Maintains up-to-date information technology knowledge and skills
16. Responds to infrastructure emergencies outside of normal working hours as needed
17. On occasion, must work after hours, including evenings, holidays, and weekends
18. Performs related duties as assigned by the Director of Information Technology Services
Required Qualifications - Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field with five (5) years relevant experience; Strong customer service orientation; Proven hands-on experience and success with LAN, WAN, WLAN, and server design and implementation; Proven analytical and troubleshooting skills; Demonstrable ability to communicate and work effectively with administrators, faculty, staff and students; Highly motivated and self-directed.
Preferred Qualifications- Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related field; Cybersecurity certifications; Familiarity with ITIL framework concepts; Two (2) years experience in a supervisory role.
Interested candidates must submit an Alma College application and a cover letter, current resume, and the names of three professional references, to Kyle Warner, Chief Information Officer, via email to email@example.com. For an Alma College application, please go to: https://www.alma.edu/live/files/3085-application-for-employment.
Alma College is a selective, baccalaureate liberal arts college committed to academic excellence and development of responsible leaders. Alma’s undergraduates thrive on challenging academic programs in a supportive, small-college environment emphasizing active, collaborative learning and close student-faculty interaction. Alma is a private Phi Beta Kappa institution located in the center of Michigan’s Lower Peninsula.
Alma College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Alma College recognizes that we are all transformed when we celebrate and value the varied identities backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives in our campus community. We are committed to recognizing and removing barriers to success and providing equitable access to opportunities through education and advocacy. In our increasingly diverse campus and world, we pledge to create a climate where everyone is safe and free to grow intellectually, spiritually, and emotionally.