Alma College is currently accepting applications for the position of licensed counselor in the Counseling, Health and Wellness Center. This is a 10 month position from August-May.
1. Provide mental health services to undergraduate students including: intakes, assessments, individual therapy, psycho educational programs, and group therapy.
2. Provide professional consultation services to parents, faculty staff and outside providers.
3. Crisis intervention, case management and risk assessment for walk-in appointments and after hours on call services for campus as needed.
4. Provide educational and prevention training for the campus and community in the areas of mental health, suicide prevention and Bystander Intervention and student success skills.
5. Plan prevention and outreach programs to campus community through events bringing awareness and education to issues such as alcohol and drug use, sexual misconduct, suicide, mental health and stress management.
6. Provide BASICS (Brief Alcohol Screening and Intervention for College Students) program to judicial, court and self-referrals.
7. Enter appointments, programs and pertinent data into Titanium database, ensuring accuracy of information systems. Responsible for maintaining clinical records in Titanium Software system.
8. Perform other related duties as assigned by the Director.
Required Skills and Competencies
1. Work collaboratively with a diverse population of students, faculty, staff, administrators and other members of the community
2. Strong work ethic, interpersonal and presentation skills
3. Knowledge and skills in short-term, solution focused individual counseling, consultation and outreach. Effective therapist with generalist clinical skills who has demonstrated experience assessing and intervening with a broad range of clinical issues from developmental issues typical of college age individuals to debilitating conditions requiring psychiatric hospitalizations.
4. Ability to handle complex clinical situations such as suicide assessments/management of crises.
5. Maintain a strong commitment to workplace honesty, integrity, confidentiality, direct communication, teamwork, collaboration, and professional ethics.
6. Ability to work cooperatively on interdisciplinary team, to take initiative, and to be flexible in response to developing demands and challenges of the position.
Master’s degree in counseling, social work, or psychology. Licensed in Michigan. Must have a minimum one year professional experiences preferably working with college students.
Interested candidates must submit an Alma College application and a cover letter, current resume, and the names of three professional references, to Anne Lambrecht, Associate Vice President for Student Life via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. For an Alma College application, please go to: https://www.alma.edu/live/files/3085-application-for-employment.
Alma College is a selective, baccalaureate liberal arts college committed to academic excellence and development of responsible leaders. Alma’s undergraduates thrive on challenging academic programs in a supportive, small-college environment emphasizing active, collaborative learning and close student-faculty interaction. Alma is a private Phi Beta Kappa institution located in the center of Michigan’s Lower Peninsula.
Alma College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Alma College recognizes that we are all transformed when we celebrate and value the varied identities backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives in our campus community. We are committed to recognizing and removing barriers to success and providing equitable access to opportunities through education and advocacy. In our increasingly diverse campus and world, we pledge to create a climate where everyone is safe and free to grow intellectually, spiritually, and emotionally.