Alma College is currently applications for the position of Director of Alumni and Family Engagement.
Alma alumni of every era whose lives have been enriched by their experiences on campus have a collective power to to ensure that future generations of students can share that transforming bond. The Director has the opportunity to provide the strategic guidance alumni desire for a sustained and substantive lifelong partnership with the college.
The Director will support lasting connections among alumni and engage them in assisting Alma in reaching its mission, vision, and goals. They will mange volunteer initiatives to aid student recruitment, identify internship opportunities, assist career placement programs, and support the tradition of alumni philanthropy for the college. The Director will seek to design programming at the regional and national levels to strengthen and sustain class and affinity connections among alumni. The Director will manage the Alma Ambassador network of volunteers and support the Alumni Association Board in its efforts to provide visible leadership for all alumni initiatives. The Director will manage an effective communication strategy that will ensure alumni are informed about the college and alumni engagement.
In addition the Director will guide and support the Parent and Family Board and Student Alumni Association initiatives to engage students and their families.
In the current Advancement organization the Director supervises the Associate Director of Alumni and Family Engagement and the Associate Director of Career and Personal Development (a joint report position with the Vice President for Student Affairs).
- Develop comprehensive, strategic annual and multi-year goals and objectives for the department
- Provide strong support for the volunteer activities of the Alma Ambassador Program
- Oversee alumni traditions like Homecoming and class reunions
- Support the Alumni Association Board, the Parent and Family Board, and the Student Alumni Association
- Recruit stakeholders who enhance the effectiveness of alumni within communities and networks (e.g. regional champions, student recruiters, internship sponsors, student mentors)
- Develop networks of affinity groups based on age and interests groups
- Partner with advancement officers to design a regional engagement strategy for alumni, parents, and other constituencies that are key in advancing the mission of Alma College
- Partner with advancement officers to develop and support donor relationships when appropriate (e.g., reunion class gifts)
- Support the Annual Fund team in initiatives that seek to build the tradition of alumni philanthropic participation (e.g., Alma Day, class agent volunteers, reunion class gifts)
- Guide the development of successful alumni, family, and community programming, finding ways to engage alumni, families, and the local community in meaningful and rewarding ways that deepen their commitment of both time and resources
- Create and implement an annual plan that promotes alumni and parent and family goodwill, engagement, and financial support though creative programming and thoughtful event strategies
- Partner with marketing colleagues on social media, websites, print, and online marketing campaigns
- Contribute to the overall success of the Advancement Office by working on special projects and performing all other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Vice President for Advancement
- Provide proper stewardship of the budget for the office of Alumni and Family Engagement
Position Reports to: Vice President of Advancement
- Ability to travel extensively
- Ability to work weekends and evenings
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Excellent verbal / written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Experience with technology
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in alumni and/or donor relations in higher education
- Special events experience
- Master’s degree
- Graduate of Alma College
Please send a letter of application, resume and contact information for three references firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. **Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered.
Alma College is a selective, baccalaureate liberal arts college committed to academic excellence and development of responsible leaders. Alma’s undergraduates thrive on challenging academic programs in a supportive, small-college environment emphasizing active, collaborative learning and close student- faculty interaction. Alma is a private Phi Beta Kappa institution located in the center of Michigan’s lower peninsula.
Alma College is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Alma College recognizes that we are all transformed when we celebrate and value the varied identities, backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives in our campus community. We are committed to recognizing and removing barriers to success and providing equitable access to opportunities through education and advocacy. In our increasingly diverse campus and world, we pledge to create a climate where everyone is safe and free to grow intellectually, spiritually, and emotionally.