As a member of the Advancement Office, the Assistant Director of Engagement is responsible for managing the Alma College Ambassador Program®, the college’s volunteer engagement program. This includes working closely with colleagues within Advancement as well as in other sectors of the college, especially Academic Affairs, Admissions, Athletics, Career and Personal Development, and Student Affairs, to foster, sustain, and track volunteer engagement. The assistant director is also one of several members of the office responsible for coordinating and managing constituent communications. The individual plays a lead role in managing the office’s social media presence. The individual in this position will work with a full range of constituents while also being responsible for engaging younger alumni. Position involves evening and weekend commitments.
- Oversee the volunteer network, specifically focused on the managing the Alma Ambassador program; including planning and communication
- Develop and implement strategies to increase the engagement of alumni and other constituents in support of the college’s goals and priorities
- Coordinate and implement on- and off-campus events that will enhance relationships with constituents, including scheduling and promotion
- Assist with the coordinate internal and external communications and serve a lead role in managing social media based communication
- Serve as an advisor to the Student Alumni Association (SAA), attending meetings to help facilitate SAA involvement in student-alumni events both on and off campus;
- Assist in overseeing and managing the Parent and Family Board and the Alumni Board
- Assist in the planning and implementation of Homecoming, Family Day, Commencement, and other Advancement Office and college events
- Demonstrate a commitment to achieving Advancement Office and College annual and long-term objectives and priorities
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Experience working and collaborating with diverse populations
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Competency in using a range of computer software applications, especially Microsoft Office suite of applications, and experience creating and managing web-based platforms
- Versed in a variety of social media platforms
- Experience managing, tracking, and reporting data
- Ability to set and achieve goals as well as meet deadlines
- Self-directed with the ability to work independently as well as operationally within a team
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Ability to travel, including out of state as necessary
- Work evenings and weekends as necessary
- Master’s degree
- Event planning or hospitality experience
- Experience with marketing and communication, including social media management
- Graduate of Alma College
Please send a letter of application, resume and contact information for three references to William Arnold, Senior Director of Alumni and Family Engagement/Direct of Alma X, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Alma College is a selective, baccalaureate liberal arts college committed to academic excellence and development of responsible leaders. Alma’s undergraduates thrive on challenging academic programs in a supportive, small-college environment emphasizing active, collaborative learning and close student- faculty interaction. Alma is a private Phi Beta Kappa institution located in the center of Michigan’s lower peninsula.
Alma College is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Alma College recognizes that we are all transformed when we celebrate and value the varied identities backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives in our campus community. We are committed to recognizing and removing barriers to success and providing equitable access to opportunities through education and advocacy. In our increasingly diverse campus and world, we pledge to create a climate where everyone is safe and free to grow intellectually, spiritually, and emotionally. For more information about the College, visit www.alma.edu.