Alma College is currently accepting applications for the position of Human Resources Assistant. This position is a member of a responsive, employee-focused Human Resources Office with primary responsibility for assisting with tasks that coordinate the recruitment, screening, and pre-employment process for new employees (faculty, staff and students). This is a part time (20 hours per week) position.
Essential Functions :
- Assist with posting staff and faculty positions on college website and external websites as requested.
- Assist with reviewing applications received and assigning them to the appropriate search committees
- Assist with the entry of background check information into the third party vendor website.
- Assist with the set up of student employment positions and work with student employees to complete their employment paperwork is completed.
- Assist with clerical duties in the department.
- This list of functions is not inclusive of all duties that may be assigned to the individual in this position
Required Job Qualifications :
- Proficient in the use of standard office software, specifically word processing, databases and spreadsheets
- Ability to protect confidential information
- Good customer service skills
- Ability to work independently or in groups and to meet deadlines
- Ability to make decisions within specified parameters
- Experience with Ellucian Colleague software
Interested candidates must submit an Alma College application and a cover letter, current resume, and the names of three professional references to Amanda Duval, Associate Vice President of Human Resources, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. For an Alma College application, please go to: https://www.alma.edu/live/files/3085-application-for-employment.
Alma College is a selective, baccalaureate liberal arts college committed to academic excellence and development of responsible leaders. Alma’s undergraduates thrive on challenging academic programs in a supportive, small-college environment emphasizing active, collaborative learning and close student-faculty interaction. Alma is a private Phi Beta Kappa institution located in the center of Michigan’s Lower Peninsula.
Alma College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Alma College recognizes that we are all transformed when we celebrate and value the varied identities backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives in our campus community. We are committed to recognizing and removing barriers to success and providing equitable access to opportunities through education and advocacy. In our increasingly diverse campus and world, we pledge to create a climate where everyone is safe and free to grow intellectually, spiritually, and emotionally.