Alma College, Financial Services Office, is currently accepting applications for the Student Accounts Financial Coordinator position.
The student accounts financial coordinator is responsible for all student accounts and other receivable accounts for the College. This includes billings, communications, collections, and other related functions. The coordinator works closely with students, parents, the financial aid office, and the student life/housing office, the registrar’s office, ECSI, the VA and any other organization that sponsor students.
Essential Functions of the Position:
• Work directly with students and parents on account balances, current and past due
• Prepare/send communications relative to past due balances
• Manage the proxy portal and troubleshoot issues for parents
• Track and manage 3rd party payment plans
• Track ‘S’ course deposits for faculty led spring terms
• Coordinate billings with the CSO for off campus experiences, including venture
• Coordinate and assist with student health insurance processes
• Send past due accounts to collection agencies/credit bureau as per policy
• Work with loan service and deferred payment companies
• Calculate and post late payment fees for student accounts
• Coordinate distribution of student billing statements/invoices
• Prepare and send invoices to various financial assistance agencies/sponsors
• Handle processing of student refunds for credit balances
• Update designated student scholarship summaries
• Handle registration billings, coordinating with the Registrar’s Office
• Work with the Financial Aid Office for distribution of student aid
• Processing, billing and handling the VA benefits for students
• Enhance technology/processes used for student billings, collections, and refunds
• Accounts receivable and collections work experience
• Effective communicator
• Customer service skills
• Technology skills
• Work experience in higher education
Qualified candidates should submit an Alma College application and a letter of application that addresses each of the skills required for the position, a résumé, and the names, addresses, phone numbers, and nature of relationship of three (3) professional references via email to: Cassie Tennant, Controller/Director of Auxiliary Services, Alma College, at firstname.lastname@example.org .
For an Alma College application please go to: https://www.alma.edu/live/files/897-employment-application.
Alma College is a selective, baccalaureate liberal arts college committed to academic excellence and development of responsible leaders. Alma’s undergraduates thrive on challenging academic programs in a supportive, small-college environment emphasizing active, collaborative learning and close student-faculty interaction. Alma is a private Phi Beta Kappa institution located in the center of Michigan’s Lower Peninsula.
Alma College is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Alma College recognizes that we are all transformed when we celebrate and value the varied identities backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives in our campus community. We are committed to recognizing and removing barriers to success and providing equitable access to opportunities through education and advocacy. In our increasingly diverse campus and world, we pledge to create a climate where everyone is safe and free to grow intellectually, spiritually, and emotionally.