Alma College is currently accepting applications for the position of Women’s Soccer, Assistant Coach (Full Time). This is a 12 month position.
Position summary: Assist the Women’s Soccer Head Coach with the oversight of a collegiate soccer program. Alma College is a member of the Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association (MIAA) and the NCAA Division III. The position will assist with all daily aspects of the sport and will participate as an active member of the Athletics Department.
- Provide comprehensive assistance to the Head Coach in connection with all aspects of the Varsity Women’s soccer team.
- Training and game preparation
- Evaluate player performance
- Develop tactical systems
- Academic monitoring
- Communicate with Athletic Department
- Assist with team travel arrangements and budgeting
- Student athlete recruitment
- Game and practice videotape analysis
- Publicize and conduct seasonal camps
- Assist in fundraising letters, financial collecting and recording
- Assist in gear selecting and organization
In addition, the Assistant Coach will serve as the Head Coach of the Reserves Women’s soccer program.
- Training and game preparation
- Player evaluation
- Communicating progress with the Head Coach
- Game scheduling and travel arrangements
- Student athlete recruiting
- Solely in charge of formations, line-ups, substitutions and game time decisions.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Knowledge of NCAA Division III and MIAA compliance and conference rules
- Ability to work weekends and evenings, along with travel
- A valid driver’s license and good driving record
- Ability to communicate effectively to various groups and individuals
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Ability to fulfill essential functions of the position
- Goalkeeper experience preferred
Qualified candidates should submit a letter of application that addresses the skills required for the position, a résumé, an Alma College Employment Application and the names, addresses, phone numbers, and nature of relationship of three (3) professional references via email to: Meghan Gorsuch, Head Coach, Women’s Soccer, Athletics Department, Alma College, firstname.lastname@example.org. For an Alma College application please go to: https://www.alma.edu/live/files/897- employment-application.
Alma College is a selective, baccalaureate liberal arts college committed to academic excellence and development of responsible leaders. Alma’s undergraduates thrive on challenging academic programs in a supportive, small-college environment emphasizing active, collaborative learning and close student-faculty interaction. Alma is a private Phi Beta Kappa institution located in the center of Michigan’s Lower Peninsula.
Alma College is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Alma College recognizes that we are all transformed when we celebrate and value the varied identities backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives in our campus community. We are committed to recognizing and removing barriers to success and providing equitable access to opportunities through education and advocacy. In our increasingly diverse campus and world, we pledge to create a climate where everyone is safe and free to grow intellectually, spiritually, and emotionally.