The applicant’s primary responsibility will assist sports information director in the publicity, promotion and game day needs of Alma College’s 29 varsity athletic programs. In addition, this position is responsible for the multimedia needs at Alma College athletic facilities during home events.
Reports to: Sports Information Director
Supervises: Student assistants and student workers
Essential functions - may include, but not limited to the following:
- Assist Sports Information Director with updating of athletic website and game coverage for assigned sports.
- Assist with scheduling of sports information student workers.
- Collaborate with digital media coordinator on team photos, head shots, green screen elements, intro videos, etc.
- Coordinate photographers (students of digital media coordinator) for all games.
- Assist with the management of athletic social media accounts.
- Coordinate the production of highlight videos, manage athletics on YouTube.
- Coordinate video streaming of athletic events.
- Assist Student-Athlete Advisory Committee with all multimedia needs for Scotty Awards.
- Create video and audio content for the Daktronics board(s), including game presentation scripts, headshots, graphics and all other media associated with athletic events, including advertising. Also coordinate the operation of video boards during home events.
- Available for all tournaments to assist/manage.
- Manage event setup and tear down of sports information equipment at home athletic events.
- Assist and lead the in-game statistics using Stat Crew and Presto Sports software.
- Other duties as assigned.
Strong writing skills, organizational and people skills, ability to multitask, video skills (shooting and editing), and knowledge of graphic design elements. Must be able to work under pressure and on tight deadlines and be able to working independently as well as part of a team. Ability to work evenings, weekends and holidays as needed. The successful candidate will have working knowledge of the following software: Photoshop, InDesign, Final Cut Pro, Motion and Stat Crew statistical programs. The successful candidate will also need to be able to learn Daktronics software, including Show Control, for video board operation.
Qualified candidates should submit an Alma College application and a letter of application that addresses each of the skills required for the position, a résumé, an Alma College application, and the names, addresses, phone numbers, and nature of relationship of three (3) professional references via email to: Matt Moran, Sports Information Director, Alma College, firstname.lastname@example.org .
For an Alma College application please go to: https://www.alma.edu/live/files/897-employment-application.
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Alma College is a selective, baccalaureate liberal arts college committed to academic excellence and development of responsible leaders. Alma’s undergraduates thrive on challenging academic programs in a supportive, small-college environment emphasizing active, collaborative learning and close student-faculty interaction. Alma is a private Phi Beta Kappa institution located in the center of Michigan’s Lower Peninsula.
Alma College is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Alma College recognizes that we are all transformed when we celebrate and value the varied identities backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives in our campus community. We are committed to recognizing and removing barriers to success and providing equitable access to opportunities through education and advocacy. In our increasingly diverse campus and world, we pledge to create a climate where everyone is safe and free to grow intellectually, spiritually, and emotionally.