Alma College invites applications for a Simulation Technologist in our BSN Nursing Program
Reporting to the Chair of the Nursing Program, the successful candidate’s primary responsibilities will include direct supervision of the Simulation Laboratory and activities surrounding simulation events, running all the simulation related equipment, performing and scheduling routine maintenance on all Laderal Simulation equipment, assisting with data collection and documentation, troubleshooting technical issues, assisting with inventory management and supporting activities as assigned to maintain quality and effective simulations. Additional responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Schedule, coordinate and submit clinical rotations for all core nursing course clinical rotations;
- Structure, coordinate, organize, set-up and find all preceptors at various hospitals;
- Advise nursing students with their four-year academic plan and goals;
- Supervise clinical rotations;
- Summer in-state YMCA visits to observe students’ pediatric rotations;
- The above responsibilities are meant to be illustrative and the role will include other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing or higher degree in nursing;
- Computer skills;
- Must be able to lift/carry a minimum of 25 pounds and push/pull a minimum of 50 pounds;
- Certification and/or licensure in a health-related field;
- Basic Life Support Certification;
- Master’ s degree in a life science or healthcare related field with one year experience working in a direct patient care position within a hospital or clinical setting;
- Excellent communication and team-work skills;
- Excellent problem-solving skills;
- Ability to work flexible hours including off-hours to support Simulation Laboratory programs and/or courses;
- Critical thinking skills and good judgment with procedural and technical tasks;
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision;
- Experience in any of the medical specialties such as respiratory, surgery, critical care, GI, veterinary, imaging, orthopedics, EMT/ Paramedic, ;
- Experience in IT/AV desirable
Please send a letter of application, resume and contact information for three references to
Julie Elenbaas (email@example.com), academic secretary for the Nursing Program.
Review of applications will begin May 17 and continue until the position is filled.
Alma College is a selective, baccalaureate Liberal Arts College committed to academic excellence and development of responsible leaders. Alma’s undergraduates thrive on challenging academic programs in a supportive, small-college environment emphasizing active, collaborative learning and close student-faculty interaction. Alma is a private Phi Beta Kappa institution located in the center of Michigan’s Lower Peninsula.
Alma College is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Alma College recognizes that we are all transformed when we celebrate and value the varied identities backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives in our campus community. We are committed to recognizing and removing barriers to success and providing equitable access to opportunities through education and advocacy. In our increasingly diverse campus and world, we pledge to create a climate where everyone is safe and free to grow intellectually, spiritually, and emotionally. For more information about the College, visit www.alma.edu.