The Nursing Program at Alma College, Alma, Michigan invites applications for the position of Instructor or Assistant Professor. This is a full-time faculty position beginning August 2021. Reporting to the Chair of the Nursing Program, the successful candidate’s primary responsibilities will include teaching in the classroom and clinical settings in the BSN nursing program at Alma College. Full-time teaching load is six units per year. In addition, responsibilities include scholarship within the discipline, service on committees, and full-time participation in official activities of the Nursing Program and Alma College. The position requires a master’s degree in nursing; a doctoral degree is preferred, and required for a tenure-track appointment at the Assistant Professor level.
- Master’s degree in nursing or a related field
- Clinical experience
- Commitment to teaching, scholarship, and service that is consistent with the College’s priorities for the nursing program and the mission of Alma College
- Technological literacy and a commitment to integrate technology in teaching and scholarship
- Commitment to professional service within the College and beyond
- Active Michigan Registered Nurse license
- Commitment to recruiting, advising, retaining, and mentoring qualified students
- Commitment to teaching, learning, and working in a diverse environment
- Doctoral degree in nursing or related field
- A minimum of one year full-time college teaching experience
- Certification in a specialty area (including, but not limited to, maternal-child health nursing, mental health nursing, pediatric nursing, adult health nursing, critical care nursing, family nurse practitioner, or community health nursing)
Please send a letter of application that reflects a commitment to diversity, statement of teaching philosophy, curriculum vitae or resume, and contact information for three references to: Julie Elenbaas, Academic Secretary, Nursing Program (email@example.com). Review of materials will begin on May 17 and continue until the position is filled.
Alma College is a selective, baccalaureate Liberal Arts College committed to academic excellence and development of responsible leaders. Alma’s undergraduates thrive on challenging academic programs in a supportive, small-college environment emphasizing active, collaborative learning and close student-faculty interaction. Alma is a private Phi Beta Kappa institution located in the center of Michigan’s Lower Peninsula.
Alma College is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Alma College recognizes that we are all transformed when we celebrate and value the varied identities backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives in our campus community. We are committed to recognizing and removing barriers to success and providing equitable access to opportunities through education and advocacy. In our increasingly diverse campus and world, we pledge to create a climate where everyone is safe and free to grow intellectually, spiritually, and emotionally. For more information about the College, visit www.alma.edu.