The Alma College Department of Theatre and Dance has an opening for a
Technical Theatre Intern. This is a one-year, full time, 9-month position that may be
renewed for one additional academic year. Duties will begin in August of 2020. The
intern position is a great chance for a recent graduate to develop their skills before
moving into the professional world or graduate studies. There may also be
opportunities, though no requirement, to design depending on interest and ability.
- Technical Direct, under Technical Theatre Faculty Supervision, 3 Alma College
- As needed, act as teaching assistant for technical theatre courses
- Ensure an aesthetically pleasing and informative lobby display for each
- Coordinate with Communication and Marketing office on production
programs to ensure that all information is complete, correct and on time
- Act as technical liaison for Alpha Psi Omega December production
- Organize, inventory, repair, and maintain Alma College Theatre equipment
- Provide hands-on training in various aspects of technical theatre including
shop safety, woodworking, welding, and other areas that may be needed.
- Attend all technical and dress rehearsal during production week.
• BA/BFA in Theatre, emphasis in technical theatre preferred
• Ability to supervise the building, engineering and pricing of Alma College
• Competence in computer aided drafting software (Vectorworks and/or
• Comfortable leading student workers and practicum students, some of whom
are new to working in technical theatre.
• Possess a valid driver’s license and means of transportation.
Qualified candidates should submit a letter of application that addresses the skills required for the position, a résumé, an Alma College Employment Application and the names, addresses, phone numbers, and nature of relationship of three (3) professional references via email to: Terry Jachimiak II, Assistant Professor of theatre, Alma College, email@example.com. For an Alma College application please go to: https://www.alma.edu/live/files/897- employment-application.
Alma College is a selective, baccalaureate liberal arts college committed to academic excellence and development of responsible leaders. Alma’s undergraduates thrive on challenging academic programs in a supportive, small-college environment emphasizing active, collaborative learning and close student-faculty interaction. Alma is a private Phi Beta Kappa institution located in the center of Michigan’s Lower Peninsula.
Alma College is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Alma College recognizes that we are all transformed when we celebrate and value the varied identities backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives in our campus community. We are committed to recognizing and removing barriers to success and providing equitable access to opportunities through education and advocacy. In our increasingly diverse campus and world, we pledge to create a climate where everyone is safe and free to grow intellectually, spiritually, and emotionally.