The Alma College Department of Theatre and Dance has an opening for a
Costume Shop Intern. This is a one-year, full time, nine-month position that may be
renewed for one additional academic year. Duties will begin in August of 2021. The
intern position is a great opportunity for a recent graduate to develop their skills
before moving into the professional world or graduate studies. There may also be
opportunities, though no requirement, to design depending on interest and ability.
- Under technical theatre faculty supervision, coordinate costumes for three
Alma College Theatre and two Alma College Dance productions.
- As needed, act as teaching assistant for costume courses.
- Maintain, and repair Alma College Theatre and Dance costume inventory.
- Supervise undergraduate student workers.
- Maintain a stocked, safe working environment ordering all consumables and
- Participate in fittings as needed.
- Attend all production meetings.
- Attend all technical and dress rehearsal during production week.
• BA/BFA in Theatre, emphasis in costuming preferred
• Comfortable leading student workers and practicum students, some of whom
are new to costuming.
• Possess a valid driver’s license and means of transportation.
Qualified candidates should submit a letter of application that addresses the skills required for the position, a résumé, an Alma College Employment Application and the names, addresses, phone numbers, and nature of relationship of three (3) professional references via email to: Terry Jachimiak II, Assistant Professor of theatre, Alma College, email@example.com. For an Alma College application please go to: https://www.alma.edu/live/files/897- employment-application.
A review applications will begin June 1, 2021.
Alma College is a selective, baccalaureate liberal arts college committed to academic excellence and development of responsible leaders. Alma’s undergraduates thrive on challenging academic programs in a supportive, small-college environment emphasizing active, collaborative learning and close student-faculty interaction. Alma is a private Phi Beta Kappa institution located in the center of Michigan’s Lower Peninsula.
Alma College is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Alma College recognizes that we are all transformed when we celebrate and value the varied identities backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives in our campus community. We are committed to recognizing and removing barriers to success and providing equitable access to opportunities through education and advocacy. In our increasingly diverse campus and world, we pledge to create a climate where everyone is safe and free to grow intellectually, spiritually, and emotionally.