The intern athletic trainer is a temporary 11 month position. Alma College is a member of the Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association (MIAA) and the NCAA Division III. The position will assist in providing injury prevention, recognition, evaluation, appropriate medical referral, treatment and rehabilitation for the student athletes of the football program and other sports as assigned.
Essential Functions - may include, but not limited to the following:
- Serve as athletic trainer assisting football and other teams on campus
- Accurate maintenance of student athlete medical records
- Provide direct supervision of the athletic training students in the CAATE Accredited Athletic Training Education Program (ATEP) from Central Michigan
- Provide practice and game coverage ‘·
- Travel with athletic teams, when needed (Football required)
- Assist head athletic trainer with daily athletic training room operations
- Maintain correspondence and cooperation with team physicians, health care professionals, and athletic training department
- Additional duties as assigned
- Entry level experience with collegiate athletic training department
- BOC certification
- Current First Aid/CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer
- Current/eligible for Michigan licensure
- Experience in a residential campus environment is strongly preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively to various groups and individuals
- Knowledge of NCAA Division III and MIAA compliance and conference rules, and an understanding of the NCAA Division III student athlete philosophy
- Ability to work weekends and evenings, along with travel
- A valid driver’s license and approval to drive a college vehicle
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
Interested candidates must submit an Alma College Application, letter of interest, a current resume and the name, address, email, and phone number of three professional references to email@example.com.
For an Alma College application please go to: https://www.alma.edu/live/files/3085-employment-application.
Alma College is a selective, baccalaureate liberal arts college committed to academic excellence and development of responsible leaders. Alma’s undergraduates thrive on challenging academic programs in a supportive, small-college environment emphasizing active, collaborative learning and close student-faculty interaction. Alma is a private Phi Beta Kappa institution located in the center of Michigan’s Lower Peninsula.
Alma College is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Alma College recognizes that we are all transformed when we celebrate and value the varied identities backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives in our campus community. We are committed to recognizing and removing barriers to success and providing equitable access to opportunities through education and advocacy. In our increasingly diverse campus and world, we pledge to create a climate where everyone is safe and free to grow intellectually, spiritually, and emotionally.
*Incomplete applications will not be considered.