The individual in this role provides administrative support for the Office of the President, the Office of Student Affairs, and other cabinet members as needed. This position co-reports to the Vice President for Admissions/Special Assistant to the President and the Vice President for Student Affairs.
An ideal candidate for this role is a strong communicator who can establish and maintain strong working relationships. The person in this role must thrive in a collaborative team-oriented environment and adapt to changing needs and priorities. This individual must exhibit good judgement and discretion and ensure confidentiality in all work and interactions.
- Monitor and prepare budget reports, handle invoice processing
- Assist with office budgeting, invoice processing, and purchasing card administration
- Manage and coordinate office functions such as, scheduling appointments, transcribing notes, facilitate office communication, prepare reports and correspondence.
- Perform general office duties including scheduling appointments, transcribing notes, ordering supplies, completing daily office related tasks, maintaining accurate files and records
- Serve as a receptionist for an office suite, answering phones, processing mail, and providing excellent service to internal and external constituents
- Assist the executive assistant to the president with daily tasks and special projects
- Collaborate and communicate with the executive assistant to the president on a daily basis to ensure the needs of the President’s Office are met
- Aid the executive assistant to the president with presidential communication and activities as needed
- Support special projects from the President’s Office as needed, including the Center for College and Community Engagement
- Provide administrative support to Cabinet members as needed
- Support the operations of the Center for College and Community Engagement, such as scheduling meetings, taking minutes, and organizing communications
- Prepare reports, documents, correspondence, and other communication as requested
- Assist with and lead event management functions including coordinating logistics, sending invitations, tracking attendees, managing food, facility, and technology needs
The above responsibilities are meant to be illustrative and the role will include other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of 2 years of related experience
- A self-starter and the ability to work in a fast-paced office setting with frequent deadlines
- Proficient in the use of standard office software including word processing, databases, spreadsheets, and integrated calendaring systems
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and collaboratively with a wide variety of individuals
- Ability to perform tasks with exceptional accuracy and to maintain confidentiality
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Work experience in higher education
- Relevant college coursework or degree
Interested candidates must submit an Alma College application, letter of interest, a current resume and the name, address, email, and phone number of three professional references to Olivia Gibson at email@example.com.
Priority will be given to applicants who apply by May 7, 2021. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
For an Alma College application, please go to: https://www.alma.edu/live/files/3085-employment-application.
Alma College is a selective, baccalaureate liberal arts college committed to academic excellence and development of responsible leaders. Alma’s undergraduates thrive on challenging academic programs in a supportive, small-college environment emphasizing active, collaborative learning and close student-faculty interaction. Alma is a private Phi Beta Kappa institution located in the center of Michigan’s Lower Peninsula.
Alma College is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Alma College recognizes that we are all transformed when we celebrate and value the varied identities backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives in our campus community. We are committed to recognizing and removing barriers to success and providing equitable access to opportunities through education and advocacy. In our increasingly diverse campus and world, we pledge to create a climate where everyone is safe and free to grow intellectually, spiritually, and emotionally.