The Admissions Office is seeking a Guest Services Coordinator to provide direct support in campus visits, administrative tasks for the leadership team, and other department functions. The position requires the ability to work independently with limited supervision and as part of a team. The Guest Services Coordinator performs a wide range of complex duties and is responsible for greeting all visitors to the Admissions Office and ensuring positive daily oversight of guest experiences while they are engaged with the Admissions staff. The Guest Services Coordinator must have strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organization skills along with the ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer service and response. This position reports directly to the Director of Admissions Operations.
- Provide front-line student service for all Alma College campus visitors. Present a friendly, and helpful first impression of the campus.
- Under current Michigan Department Health and Human Services (MDHHS) policies, this includes oversight of our guest Covid-19 health screenings pre and post arrival.
- Support the Visit Coordinator on scheduling all facets of campus visits (coaches, faculty, students, and admission staff). This includes preparing guest materials upon arrival, and assisting with guest visit follow up.
- Utilizing student-worker staff, ensure that each visitor successfully checks in to appointments and is individually guided along their visit to ensure an excellent visit experience.
- Assist the leadership team in organizing and scheduling weekly/monthly staff schedules.
- Help create an inclusive and welcoming programming and visuals for Admissions guests.
- Assist the leadership team in planning and scheduling events for the entire Admissions staff.
- Manage incoming calls to the Admissions Office. Route calls to the appropriate person/department within our campus community.
- Oversee the inventory of guest and administrative resources and coordinate new orders for guest gifts and other office supplies that impact the overall Admissions experience.
- Distribute incoming mail to the appropriate members of the Admissions staff.
- Provide routine correspondence with building staff.
- Coordinate with the facilities team to ensure the Admissions Office remains clean and welcoming on a daily basis, and work with campus security team to ensure the building’s availability is correct each week and over breaks.
- Provide training and supervision to front-desk student workers and develop a coverage system for break or work times away from the front.
- Under direction from our Assistant Director of Admissions for Events, assist with event planning and implementation process (including managing health screens and other Covid-19 protocol).
- Participate in student-worker training and professional development initiatives.
- Maintain a working manual regarding the tasks of the receptionist.
- Recommend process improvements for the department.
- Manage the correspondence of incoming requests/information (individual walk ins, email, phone, letters).
- Directs all inquiries to the appropriate campus resources.
- Experience with Windows, Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to work with confidential information
- Ability to work weekends and evenings as needed
- Excellent organizational skills
- Associate’s degree or one year of related experience
- Two years of related experience with office administration and customer service skills
- Knowledge of the Ellucian Colleague database of Slate CRM
Interested candidates must submit an Alma College Application, letter of interest, a current resume and the name, address, email, and phone number of three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for applications is Friday, May 7, 2021.
For an Alma College application please go to: https://www.alma.edu/live/files/3085-employment-application.
Alma College is a selective, baccalaureate liberal arts college committed to academic excellence and development of responsible leaders. Alma’s undergraduates thrive on challenging academic programs in a supportive, small-college environment emphasizing active, collaborative learning and close student-faculty interaction. Alma is a private Phi Beta Kappa institution located in the center of Michigan’s Lower Peninsula.
Alma College is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Alma College recognizes that we are all transformed when we celebrate and value the varied identities backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives in our campus community. We are committed to recognizing and removing barriers to success and providing equitable access to opportunities through education and advocacy. In our increasingly diverse campus and world, we pledge to create a climate where everyone is safe and free to grow intellectually, spiritually, and emotionally.
*Incomplete applications will not be considered.