Position Summary: The assistant athletic trainer is a full-time 10 month position. Alma College is a member of the Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association (MIAA) and the NCAA Division III. The position will assist in providing injury prevention, recognition, evaluation, appropriate medical referral, treatment and rehabilitation for the student athletes of the football program and other sports as assigned.
Essential Functions - may include, but not limited to the following:
- Serve as main athletic trainer for at least one team per season
- Accurate maintenance of student athlete medical records
- Be a preceptor and provide direct supervision of the athletic training students in the CAATE Accredited Athletic Training Education Program (ATEP).
- Provide practice and game coverage ‘·
- Travel with athletic teams, when needed
- Assist head athletic trainer with daily athletic training room operations
- Maintain correspondence and cooperation with team physicians, health care professionals, and athletic training department
- Additional duties as assigned
- Master’s degree in athletic training or related field
- BOC certification
- Current First Aid/CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer
- Current/eligible for Michigan licensure
- Entry level experience with collegiate athletic training department
- Experience in a residential campus environment is strongly preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively to various groups and individuals
- Knowledge of NCAA Division III and MIAA compliance and conference rules, and an understanding of the NCAA Division III student athlete philosophy
- Ability to work weekends and evenings, along with travel
- A valid driver’s license and approval from the College’s policy to drive a vehicle
Qualified candidates should submit a letter of application that addresses the skills required for the position, a resume, the names and contact information for three professional references, and an Alma College application to: Catherine Boerner, Head Athletic Trainer, Alma College, at firstname.lastname@example.org. For an Alma College application please go to: https://www.alma.edu/live/files/897- employment-application.
Alma College is a selective, baccalaureate liberal arts college committed to academic excellence and development of responsible leaders. Alma’s undergraduates thrive on challenging academic programs in a supportive, small-college environment emphasizing active, collaborative learning and close student-faculty interaction. Alma is a private Phi Beta Kappa institution located in the center of Michigan’s Lower Peninsula.
Alma College is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Alma College recognizes that we are all transformed when we celebrate and value the varied identities backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives in our campus community. We are committed to recognizing and removing barriers to success and providing equitable access to opportunities through education and advocacy. In our increasingly diverse campus and world, we pledge to create a climate where everyone is safe and free to grow intellectually, spiritually, and emotionally.
Please note that incomplete applications that are received will not be considered.