Alma College is currently accepting resumes for the position of Assistant Athletics Director for Recreation and Facilities.
Alma College, a NCAA Division III institution, invites applications for the Assistant Athletics Director for Recreation and Facilities. This position is responsible for the facilities management for the Alma College Athletics Department, the management of the Stone Recreation Center, and the facilitation of a comprehensive intramural and adventure recreation program. This position will support both Alma College Athletics and the division of Student Affairs and will collaborate with faculty to support the curricular integration of physical activity and wellness.
• Oversee scheduling for athletics and intramural facilities.
• Collaborate and act as a liaison with facilities, grounds, and custodial services to improve and maintain athletics facilities.
• Serve as building manager for the Stone Recreation Center including responsible management of expenditures and scheduling of staff to cover hours of operation.
• Identify and propose resource generation opportunities to expand the services provided by the Recreation Center.
• Develop engaging programs and fitness classes on campus that serve the needs of the faculty, staff, students, and community.
• Coordinate a comprehensive intramural and adventure recreation program.
• Partner with the Counseling and Wellness Center to create and promote a campus calendar of activities that encourages students, faculty, and staff to incorporate activities into their lives to enhance personal health and
• Oversee athletics event management, including but not limited to staff assignments and student staff.
• Lead, guide, and encourage student employees in a teamwork environment to provide excellent service to all constituents and develop their personal and professional skills.
• Bachelors’ degree required
• 1 year of experience in athletics facilities management
• 1 year of experience in coordinating intramural sports, intercollegiate activities or fitness programs
• Demonstrated ability to build and maintain professional relationships
• Ability to analyze data and clearly communicate findings to internal and external audiences
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Good organizational and analytical skills
• Master’s degree
• Experience in a higher education setting or working with college students
• Supervisory experience
Qualified candidates should submit a letter of application that addresses the skills required for the position, a resume, the names and contact information for three professional references, and an Alma College application to: Sarah Dehring, Director of Athletics, Alma College, firstname.lastname@example.org. For an Alma College application please go to: https://www.alma.edu/live/files/897- employment-application.
Alma College is a selective, baccalaureate liberal arts college committed to academic excellence and development of responsible leaders. Alma’s undergraduates thrive on challenging academic programs in a supportive, small-college environment emphasizing active, collaborative learning and close student-faculty interaction. Alma is a private Phi Beta Kappa institution located in the center of Michigan’s Lower Peninsula.
Alma College is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Alma College recognizes that we are all transformed when we celebrate and value the varied identities backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives in our campus community. We are committed to recognizing and removing barriers to success and providing equitable access to opportunities through education and advocacy. In our increasingly diverse campus and world, we pledge to create a climate where everyone is safe and free to grow intellectually, spiritually, and emotionally.
Please note that incomplete applications that are received will not be considered.