Alma College, a private, liberal arts NCAA DIII institution, located in Alma, MI, seeks applications for an Assistant Women’s Volleyball Coach.
This is a part-time, entry level staff position in the Department of Athletics. The college is seeking a highly-motivated individual for the position of assistant women’s volleyball coach. This 10-month position includes a stipend along with housing, and will begin as soon as possible.
Responsibilities of the Assistant Coach include, but are not limited to:
- assisting in practice planning and preparation
- assist in player development, match analysis
- film breakdown and exchange
- assist in recruitment of qualified student athletes
- organizing team travel arrangements
- maintaining team’s social media presence
- closely monitoring student-athlete academic needs
- assist in any other job related duties as assigned by the head coach or athletic director.
· Bachelors degree
· Knowledge of NCAA Division III and MIAA compliance and conference rules
· Ability to work weekends and evenings, along with travel
· A valid drivers license and the ability to become an approved driver per the college policy
· Ability to communicate effectively to various groups and individuals
· Ability to manage multiple tasks
· Ability to fulfill essential functions of the position
Qualified candidates should submit a letter of application that addresses the skills required for the position, a résumé, an Alma College Employment Application and the names, addresses, phone numbers, and nature of relationship of three (3) professional references via email to: Madison Smith, Head Coach, Women’s Volleyball, Athletics Department, Alma College, firstname.lastname@example.org. For an Alma College application please go to: https://www.alma.edu/live/files/897- employment-application.
Alma College is a selective, baccalaureate liberal arts college committed to academic excellence and development of responsible leaders. Alma’s undergraduates thrive on challenging academic programs in a supportive, small-college environment emphasizing active, collaborative learning and close student-faculty interaction. Alma is a private Phi Beta Kappa institution located in the center of Michigan’s Lower Peninsula.
Alma College is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Alma College recognizes that we are all transformed when we celebrate and value the varied identities backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives in our campus community. We are committed to recognizing and removing barriers to success and providing equitable access to opportunities through education and advocacy. In our increasingly diverse campus and world, we pledge to create a climate where everyone is safe and free to grow intellectually, spiritually, and emotionally.