Position Summary – The Database Administrator/Analyst is responsible for supporting enterprise information systems and databases.
Supervision Received/Supervision Exercised - Reports to the Director for Enterprise Information Systems.
Essential Functions –
1. Provide customer support for Enterprise Information Systems (EIS) and services.
2. Install, patch, monitor, and maintain enterprise information systems and related databases.
3. Diagnose and resolve technical issues, at times working with software vendors to resolve issues.
4. Develop and maintain database reports and views.
5. Maintain EIS systems and application access consistent with current security standards and best practices.
6. Collaborates within ITS and across the campus community to implement and support EIS systems and services.
7. On occasion, must work after hours, including evenings, holidays, and weekends.
8. Performs related duties as assigned by Director for Enterprise Information Systems.
Required Qualifications -
1. Bachelor’s degree in information technology or related discipline and (2)
years professional experience.
2. Experience administering Microsoft SQL server
3. Proficient writing SQL
4. Strong analytical and communication skills.
Preferred Qualifications -
1. Knowledge and experience with Ellucian Colleague
Qualified candidates should submit a letter of application that addresses the skills required for the position, a resume, an Alma College Employment Application and the names, addresses, phone numbers, and nature of relationship of three professional references via email to: Kyle Warner, Director for Information Technology Services, Alma College, firstname.lastname@example.org. For an Alma College application please go to: https://www.alma.edu/live/files/897- employment-application.
Alma College is a selective, baccalaureate liberal arts college committed to academic excellence and development of responsible leaders. Alma’s undergraduates thrive on challenging academic programs in a supportive, small-college environment emphasizing active, collaborative learning and close student-faculty interaction. Alma is a private Phi Beta Kappa institution located in the center of Michigan’s Lower Peninsula.
Alma College is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Alma College recognizes that we are all transformed when we celebrate and value the varied identities backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives in our campus community. We are committed to recognizing and removing barriers to success and providing equitable access to opportunities through education and advocacy. In our increasingly diverse campus and world, we pledge to create a climate where everyone is safe and free to grow intellectually, spiritually, and emotionally.
Please note that incomplete applications that are received will not be considered.