Student Affairs Coordinator (Part-Time, Temporary Position)
The Student Affairs Coordinator works in the Office of Academic Support and Disability Services in the Center for Student Opportunity. The Student Affairs Coordinator provides academic support to promote student retention and success. The Student Affairs Coordinator also provides administrative support to serve the division of Student Affairs. This is a part-time, temporary position beginning on or before September 1, 2020 through December 1, 2020.
- Oversee the tutoring program by managing student tutoring requests as well as recruiting and training tutors
- Manage the Student Tutoring Coordinator, student assistant
- Serve on the Student Retention Team to provide outreach and support to students with the purpose of increasing student retention and success
- Collaborate with Admissions to conduct new student pending interviews
- Lead the Alma College Community Engagement (ACE) Scholars Program
- Serve as the Junior and Senior Cross-Functional Team Co-Chair to impact the success of third and fourth-year students
- Assist with midterm outreach
- Process student withdrawals
- Meet with students individually on skill development, academic support plans, and study strategies
- Assist with Starfish, a student success online tracking program, to provide tracking and student outreach for second-year through senior students
- Serve on Starfish Retention Committee
- Oversee and schedule test proctoring and test room reservations
- Manage calendar reservation system for all Student Affairs spaces
- Create and print daily conference room calendar
- Oversee all front desk operations including supervising student assistants
- Type and send agendas and meeting minutes for direct report team meetings
- Collect reports from individual areas as needed
- Take inventory of supplies and order as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in education, communication, English, psychology, business, or related field.
- Experience in a higher education setting.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Technical computing skills, including experience with database management.
- Experience with Retention Systems and Student Success
- This is part-time position of 20 hours/week.
- This is a temporary position beginning on or before September 1, 2020 through December 1, 2020.
Interested candidates must submit an Alma College application and a cover letter, current resume, and the names of three professional references to Abby McGuire, Director of Academic Support and First Year Student Retention via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. For an Alma College application, please go to: https://www.alma.edu/live/files/3085-application-for-employment.
Alma College is a selective, baccalaureate liberal arts college committed to academic excellence and development of responsible leaders. Alma’s undergraduates thrive on challenging academic programs in a supportive, small-college environment emphasizing active, collaborative learning and close student-faculty interaction. Alma is a private Phi Beta Kappa institution located in the center of Michigan’s Lower Peninsula.
Alma College is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Alma College recognizes that we are all transformed when we celebrate and value the varied identities backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives in our campus community. We are committed to recognizing and removing barriers to success and providing equitable access to opportunities through education and advocacy. In our increasingly diverse campus and world, we pledge to create a climate where everyone is safe and free to grow intellectually, spiritually, and emotionally.
*Incomplete applications will not be considered.