Alma College, a NCAA Division III institution, invites applications for the Recreation and Facilities Intern position. This position is responsible for helping with the facilities management for the Alma College Athletics Department, the management of the Stone Recreation Center, and the facilitation of a comprehensive intramural and adventure recreation program. This position will support both Alma College Athletics and will collaborate with faculty/staff to support the curricular integration of physical activity and wellness.
Essential Functions- may include, but not limited to the following:
- Serve as a building manager for the Stone Recreation Center during non-business hours including the management of scheduling staff to cover hours of operation and deal with emergency situations and questions.
- Assist in overseeing athletics event management, including but not limited to staff assignments and student staff.
- Assist in maintaining an engaging social media presence in addition to maintaining the campus recreation website.
- Assist in overseeing the setup of athletic home contests and game management.
- Assist in scheduling for athletics and intramural facilities.
- Assist in developing engaging programs and fitness classes on campus that serve the needs of faculty, staff, students, and community.
- Assist and maintain a comprehensive Fitness & Wellness, Intramural and Adventure Recreation programs.
- Maintain recreation center membership program and renew memberships with new members.
- Partner with the Counseling and Wellness Center to create and promote a campus calendar of activities that encourages students, faculty and staff to incorporate activities into their lives to enhance health and fitness.
- Lead, guide and encourage student employees in a teamwork environment to provide excellent service to all constituents and develop their personal and professional skills.
· Clear and effective communication
· Promotes positivity and teamwork
· Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
· Able to adjust to new situations easily
· Knowledge in Campus Recreation programs including Intramurals and Fitness & Wellness
· Knowledge in Adventure Recreation including Outdoor Rec and Indoor Climbing Wall
· Knowledge in Marketing and Social Media skills
· Knowledge in digital software (such as Adobe Creative Cloud)
Supervision Received/Supervision Exercised — This position reports directly to the Assistant Athletics Director for Recreation & Facilities and will assist in the supervision of student assistants.
Length of Employment- Dependent on Intern and class specifications
At the time of application, please indicate any other commitments you anticipate
· Cover Letter
· 3 references
Interested candidates must submit an Alma College application and a cover letter, current resume, and the names of three professional references to Brad Barlog, Assistant Athletics Director for Recreation & Facilities via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. For an Alma College application, please go to: https://www.alma.edu/live/files/3085-application-for-employment.
Application deadline is open until filled.
Alma College is a selective, baccalaureate liberal arts college committed to academic excellence and development of responsible leaders. Alma’s undergraduates thrive on challenging academic programs in a supportive, small-college environment emphasizing active, collaborative learning and close student-faculty interaction. Alma is a private Phi Beta Kappa institution located in the center of Michigan’s Lower Peninsula.
Alma College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Alma College recognizes that we are all transformed when we celebrate and value the varied identities backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives in our campus community. We are committed to recognizing and removing barriers to success and providing equitable access to opportunities through education and advocacy. In our increasingly diverse campus and world, we pledge to create a climate where everyone is safe and free to grow intellectually, spiritually, and emotionally.
*Incomplete applications will not be considered.