Responsible for assisting the head coach with the intercollegiate women’s lacrosse program, including but not limited to: coaching, recruiting qualified student athletes, fundraising, camps, developing schedules, budget management, building community support for the program, monitoring academic progress of student athletes, and knowledge of applicable NCAA rules. This is a temporary part-time position.
Reports to: Head women’s lacrosse coach
Essential Functions: may include, but not limited to the following:
- Assist with coaching the women’s lacrosse team
- Assist in overseeing all aspects of the program, including practices, competition and scheduling.
- Assist in the recruiting plan of the program, evaluate and recruit qualified student athletes
- Assist in fundraising activities to enhance program
- Monitor class schedules, grades and academic progress of program student athletes
- Model good sportsmanship and enforce sportsmanlike behavior among student athletes
- Assist administration with alumni relations
- Commits to and is responsible for adhering to all rules and regulations set forth for the team, the College, the MIAA, and the NCAA with the utmost integrity.
- Work cooperatively with personnel in athletic department, attend department meetings and activities, and always represents the College positively when interacting with the community, alumni, high school and club coaches, media and general public.
- Support the philosophy and mission of the College and the athletic department.
- Develop student-athletes to be contributing members to the campus community and the community at large
- Other duties as assigned by head women’s lacrosse coach or athletic director
- Bachelor’s degree
- Collegiate level playing and/or coaching experience
- Knowledge of NCAA Division III and MIAA compliance and conference rules, and an understanding of the NCAA Division III student athlete philosophy
- Ability to work evenings and weekends, along with travel
- A valid driver’s license and the ability to become an approved driver under the Alma College driver policy.
- Ability to fulfill essential function of the position
Qualified candidates should submit a letter of application that addresses the skills required for the position, a résumé, an Alma College Employment Application and the names, addresses, phone numbers, and nature of relationship of three (3) professional references via email to: Ashley Johnson, Head Women’s Lacrosse Coach, Athletics Department, Alma College, firstname.lastname@example.org. For an Alma College application please go to: https://www.alma.edu/live/files/897- employment-application.
Applications will be accepted until August 1, 2020.
Alma College is a selective, baccalaureate liberal arts college committed to academic excellence and development of responsible leaders. Alma’s undergraduates thrive on challenging academic programs in a supportive, small-college environment emphasizing active, collaborative learning and close student-faculty interaction. Alma is a private Phi Beta Kappa institution located in the center of Michigan’s Lower Peninsula.
Alma College is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Alma College recognizes that we are all transformed when we celebrate and value the varied identities backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives in our campus community. We are committed to recognizing and removing barriers to success and providing equitable access to opportunities through education and advocacy. In our increasingly diverse campus and world, we pledge to create a climate where everyone is safe and free to grow intellectually, spiritually, and emotionally.
*Incomplete applications will not be considered.