The athletic training intern is a 10 month position which will provide housing. Alma College is a member of the Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association (MIAA) and the NCAA Division III. The position will assist in providing injury prevention, recognition, evaluation, appropriate medical referral, treatment and rehabilitation for student athletes (male and female).
Essential Functions – may include, but not limited to the following:
- Serve as main athletic trainer for at least one team per season
- Accurate maintenance of student athlete medical records
- Provide practice and game coverage
- Travel with athletic teams, when needed
- Assist head athletic trainer with daily athletic training room operations
- Maintain correspondence and cooperation with team physicians, health care professionals, and athletic training department
- Additional duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in athletic training
- BOC certification
- Current First Aid/CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer
- Current/eligible for Michigan licensure
- Entry level experience with collegiate athletic training department
- Experience in a residential campus environment is strongly preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively to various groups and individuals
- Knowledge of NCAA Division III and MIAA compliance and conference rules, and an understanding of the NCAA Division III student athlete philosophy
- Ability to work weekends and evenings, along with travel
- A valid driver’s license and good driving record
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Ability to fulfill essential functions of the position
Interested candidates must submit an Alma College application and a cover letter, current resume, and the names of three professional references to Brad Smith, Head Athletic Trainer via email to email@example.com.
For an Alma College application, please go to: https://www.alma.edu/live/files/3085-application-for-employment.
Application deadline is open until filled.
Alma College is a selective, baccalaureate liberal arts college committed to academic excellence and development of responsible leaders. Alma’s undergraduates thrive on challenging academic programs in a supportive, small-college environment emphasizing active, collaborative learning and close student-faculty interaction. Alma is a private Phi Beta Kappa institution located in the center of Michigan’s Lower Peninsula.
Alma College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
*Incomplete applications will not be considered.