The Admissions Office is seeking a Guest Services and Visit Coordinator to organize the visits of prospective students and families at Alma College and arrange for group visits to campus. The position requires the ability to work independently with limited supervision and as part of a team. The Guest Services and Visit Coordinator must have strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organization skills and the ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer service and response.
This is a full-time administrative position which reports to the Senior Director of Admissions. Duties will include periodic evening and weekend work.
- Supervise the Assistant Guest Services and Visit Coordinator
- Oversee the hiring, training, and day to day work of the Student Visit Coordinators and Tour Guides (additional student supervision responsibilities may be required)
- Lead the planning and implementation of concierge style on-campus visits
- Manage all pre-and post- visit communication with students and their families including post-visit assessments
- Be the front-line person for meeting and greeting for prospective students and families
- Arrange for transportation and provide lodging information and overnight visits
- Facilitate appointments with faculty, coaches, admissions representative, and campus offices
- Work closely with faculty, staff, and student staff to set up prospective visit schedules
- Detail and log all visits and schedule information in software systems
- Take students to and from appointments as necessary
- Arrange and administer Residual ACT exams
- Attend the various on-campus recruitment events
- Coordinate all tour guides on various on-campus recruitment events
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in higher education, admissions, enrollment, event planning, or similar field
- Excellent professional communication skills (verbal, interpersonal and written) to present a positive impression of the college
- A valid driver’s license and good driving record
- Ability to work productively both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to organize tasks and set priorities
- Demonstrated ability to analyze data and assess results
- Two years of related experience with office administration and customer service skills
- Knowledge of the Ellucian Colleague database or Slate CRM
Job duties require sitting at desk and computer for various lengths of time. Due to the nature of the work associated with the role, individuals must be able to go up and down stairs, lift up to 20 pounds, and walk from building to building to complete necessary tasks.
Interested candidates must submit an Alma College Application, letter of interest, a current resume and the name, address, email, and phone number of three professional references to Charles Cotton, senior director of admissions, at email@example.com.
Priority will be given to applicants who apply by Monday, March 16, 2020.
For an Alma College application please go to: https://www.alma.edu/live/files/3085-employment-application.
Alma College is a selective, baccalaureate liberal arts college committed to academic excellence and development of responsible leaders. Alma’s undergraduates thrive on challenging academic programs in a supportive, small-college environment emphasizing active, collaborative learning and close student-faculty interaction. Alma is a private Phi Beta Kappa institution located in the center of Michigan’s Lower Peninsula.
Alma College is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
*Incomplete applications will not be considered.