Position Duration: 12 month/full-time; Exempt
The Associate Director of Donor Relations and Stewardship will be responsible for coordinating a college-wide comprehensive donor relations and stewardship strategy that appropriately and consistently promotes interaction with and recognition of donors at all levels. This position will provide and promote high-level and consistent communication to Alma College’s alumni and friends, focusing on appropriate donor acknowledgement, donor recognition, timely reporting to donors on the use and impact of their gifts, and generally creating the positive, interactive environment necessary to motivate contributors to invest in Alma College.
Essential Job Functions:
- Coordinate and execute a comprehensive donor relations program.
- Collaborate with fundraising colleagues on developing and executing stewardship plans for annual, major, and principal gifts, including the management of the college’s donor recognition societies.
- Collaborate with Development and Advancement Services to determine and execute the best strategies for effective stewardship of all donors, and develop an intentional and tailored strategy for stewarding scholarship and non-scholarship endowments and gifts.
- Collaborate on and execute an effective and efficient donor relations event and activities strategy, actively seeking new opportunities for donor outreach.
- In conjunction with the supervisor of this position, develop and execute an annual plan as part of operational planning and budgeting.
- Collaborate on naming and recognition guideline materials for donor acknowledgement and recognition, and work with staff to define, update and create materials for recognition and stewardship opportunities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree; a combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Must be organized and goal oriented, with a high level of initiative and energy, and the ability to attend to detail.
- Must be adept at problem-solving and using judgment in situations requiring independent initiative and tact.
- Must display a high level of maturity and personal integrity and ability to understand, develop, and sustain resilient and dynamic relationships with donors, colleagues, and senior management.
- Must be able to forge strong working relationships with others and a capacity for engaging confidence and trust among donors, alumni, parents and friends of Alma College.
- Must have the ability to maintain confidentiality of highly sensitive information.
- Must have the ability to implement and maintain quality control standards.
- Computer literacy skills including knowledge of Colleague (or a comparable client relationship management [CRM] system), Word, and Excel.
- Must have the ability to learn and adapt to new technologies.
- Must have the ability to perform basic office functions.
- Knowledge of Alma College’s mission, services, policies and procedures is essential.
- Ability to travel, including out of state as necessary; and the ability to work evenings and weekends as necessary.
- One to three years constituent relations experience
- Special events management experience
- Experience with social media management
Reports to: Senior Director of Planned Giving and Advancement Operations
- Tasks may involve extended periods of time at a keyboard or work station
- Walking, climbing, stooping, standing
- Lifting up to 20 pounds
- Valid driver’s license required and approval from the College to drive
- Travel as required
Interested candidates must submit an Alma College Application, letter of interest, a current resume and the name, address, email, and phone number of three professional references to Sherie Veramay, Senior Director of Planned Giving and Advancement Operations at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for applications is Friday, March 6, 2020.
*Incomplete applications will not be considered.
For an Alma College application please go to: https://www.alma.edu/live/files/3085-employment-application.
Alma College is a selective, baccalaureate liberal arts college committed to academic excellence and development of responsible leaders. Alma’s undergraduates thrive on challenging academic programs in a supportive, small-college environment emphasizing active, collaborative learning and close student-faculty interaction. Alma is a private Phi Beta Kappa institution located in the center of Michigan’s Lower Peninsula.
Alma College is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body.