The individual in this role provides administrative support for the Office of the President, the Vice President for Admissions/Special Assistant to the President, and other cabinet members as needed. This position reports to the Vice President for Admissions/Special Assistant to the President.
An ideal candidate for this role is a strong communicator who can establish and maintain strong working relationships. The person in this role must thrive in a collaborative team-oriented environment and adapt to changing needs and priorities. This individual must exhibit good judgement and discretion and ensure confidentiality in all work and interactions.
- Perform general office duties including scheduling appointments, transcribing notes, ordering supplies, completing daily office related tasks, maintaining accurate files and records
- Serve as a receptionist for an office suite, answering phones, processing mail, and providing excellent service to internal and external constituents
- Assist the executive assistant to the president with daily tasks and special projects
- Collaborate and communicate with the executive assistant to the president on a daily basis to ensure the needs of the President’s Office are met
- Manage the President’s Office communication with the President’s Advisory Council
- Aid the executive assistant to the president with presidential communication and activities as needed
- Assist with office budgeting, invoice processing, and purchasing card administration
- Prepare reports, documents, correspondence, and other communication as requested
- Assist with and lead event management functions including coordinating logistics, sending invitations, tracking attendees, managing food, facility, and technology needs
- Collaborate with Student Affairs, Admissions, and other constituents to facilitate the development and maintenance of affiliation agreements for exchange programs, international partnerships, off-campus study, internship and clinical placements, in keeping with legal requirements and best practices – organize and track agreements, initiate renewals as active agreements expire, etc.
- Oversee a room reservation system
- Help coordinate any federal or state mandatory reporting requirements (i.e Clery, fire statistics)
- Oversee coordination of the Presidential Scholarship Program as it relates to the President’s Office
- Assist the Vice President for Admissions/Special Assistant to the President with additional projects as needed
The above responsibilities are meant to be illustrative and the role will include other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of 2 years of related experience
- A self-starter and the ability to work in a fast-paced office setting with frequent deadlines
- Proficient in the use of standard office software including word processing, databases, spreadsheets, and integrated calendaring systems
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and collaboratively with a wide variety of individuals
- Ability to perform tasks with exceptional accuracy and to maintain confidentiality
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Work experience in higher education
- Relevant college coursework or degree
Job duties require sitting at desk and computer for various lengths of time. Due to the inventory requirements of the role, individuals must be able to go up and down stairs, lift up to 20 pounds, and walk from building to building to complete necessary tasks.
Interested candidates must submit an Alma College application, letter of interest, a current resume and the name, address, email, and phone number of three professional references to Amanda Slenski at email@example.com.
Priority will be given to applicants who apply by Monday, January 27, 2020. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
For an Alma College application, please go to: https://www.alma.edu/live/files/3085-employment-application.
Alma College is a selective, baccalaureate liberal arts college committed to academic excellence and development of responsible leaders. Alma’s undergraduates thrive on challenging academic programs in a supportive, small-college environment emphasizing active, collaborative learning and close student-faculty interaction. Alma is a private Phi Beta Kappa institution located in the center of Michigan’s Lower Peninsula.
Alma College is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body.