Position Summary – Handle various accounting functions including bank/investment account reconciliations, general ledger maintenance, survey completion, and financial analysis.
Supervision Received/Supervision Exercised – This position reports to the Controller
- Complete monthly bank account reconciliations
- Complete monthly, quarterly, and annual investment reconciliations
- Perform regular general ledger account analysis and reconciliations
- Prepare and/or post journal entries
- Complete various financial surveys
- Assist with software system development and implementation
- Train and assist student intern with assigned tasks
- Serve as the back-up for financial services offices support positions
- Manage spring term accounts
- Perform financial analysis and develop presentation materials
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts on monthly basis, including third party loan funds
- Perform internal audits as necessary
- Assist with Student Services Center customer support
- Assist with maintaining Active.com
- Financial report writing and creation
- Assist with external audits
- Oversee and prepare financial reports for external grants
- Preparation of various tax return and annual filings
- Handle escheats reporting
- Serve as member on Administrative Council
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- Minimum of 5 years in higher education or non-profit accounting
- Excellent technology skills
- Effective communicator / good people skills
- Experience with Ellucian and/or Softdocs software packages
- Work experience in a business office setting
Physical Requirements – Ability to sit at a desk and use a computer for approximately eight hours per day.
The above duties and responsibilities are meant to be illustrative and will include other duties as assigned.
Interested candidates must submit an Alma College Application, letter of interest, a current resume and the name, address, email, and phone number of three professional references to Cassie Tennant, Controller at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for applications is Tuesday, December 31, 2019.
For an Alma College application please go to: https://www.alma.edu/live/files/3085-employment-application.
Alma College is a selective, baccalaureate liberal arts college committed to academic excellence and development of responsible leaders. Alma’s undergraduates thrive on challenging academic programs in a supportive, small-college environment emphasizing active, collaborative learning and close student-faculty interaction. Alma is a private Phi Beta Kappa institution located in the center of Michigan’s Lower Peninsula.
Alma College is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
*Incomplete applications will not be considered.