The assistant coach is a temporary part-time position. Alma College is a member of the Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association (MIAA) and the NCAA Division III. The position will assist with all daily aspects of the sport and will participate as an active member of the Athletics Department.
Essential Functions – may include, but not limited to the following:
- Full responsibility for coaching and training Alma College student athletes in jumping events, specifically the pole vault; for developing and conducting all in-season and out-of-season workout schedules;
- Responsible for adhering to all department and college policies and procedures as well as the rules and regulations of the MIAA and the NCAA.
- Work closely with fellow coaches to develop recruiting strategies and a pool of admissible prospects.
- Maintain good relations with parents of prospective and current student-athletes.
- Responsible for helping with the administration and set up of the Scottie Classic Track and Field Meet in the spring as well as any MIAA events that may be a part of our rotation or high school events that may occur using our campus facilities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Knowledge of NCAA Division III and MIAA compliance and conference rules
- Ability to work weekends and evenings, along with travel
- A valid driver’s license and good driving record
- Ability to communicate effectively to various groups and individuals
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Ability to fulfill essential functions of the position
Interested candidates must submit an Alma College application and a cover letter, current resume, and the names of three professional references via email to Matt Chovanec, Head XC & Track & Field Coach at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For an Alma College application, please go to: https://www.alma.edu/live/files/3085-application-for-employment.
Application deadline is open until filled.
Alma College is a selective, baccalaureate liberal arts college committed to academic excellence and development of responsible leaders. Alma’s undergraduates thrive on challenging academic programs in a supportive, small-college environment emphasizing active, collaborative learning and close student-faculty interaction. Alma is a private Phi Beta Kappa institution located in the center of Michigan’s Lower Peninsula.
Alma College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body.