The Assistant Registrar is responsible for operations such as maintaining the course schedule, academic catalog sections, collecting and maintaining academic records, and assisting in day-to-day operations in the Registrar’s Office.
This position reports to the Registrar. The position has no direct supervisory responsibilities but may serve in a lead role with student assistants.
- Support Registrar’s Office staff by performing general office duties including data entry, data and report retrieval, new and active student course registration, course schedule mapping, orientation, graduation, athletic eligibility and other clerical duties as assigned
- Leadership on Registrar’s Office web presence to include creating necessary training materials for faculty, staff and students on completing registrar functions and working within Self-Service and Student Planning.
- Provide general support for distributing academic committee materials, correspondence and preparatory documents to faculty committees such as Petitions, EPC, and Academic Standards.
- Office lead on midterm grade reporting functions and provides necessary reports to Provost, Advisors, Athletics, etc.
- Office lead on course management for campus which includes building courses, changing days / times of courses, instructors, and assisting Registrar with annual course mapping process with Registrar, Provost and Faculty. Will build courses for future terms and assign classroom spaces.
- Collaborate effectively with staff in other offices on joint projects and activities including for events such as Becoming a Scot Day and Graduation.
- Serve as a knowledgeable and reliable resource for students, faculty, staff and alumni regarding documentation of relevant academic polices including guest applications, dual-enrollment registration, course drop / add, term withdrawals, course registration, waitlist management, etc.
- Utilizes database to make corrections and add / release holds per the Registrar’s Office requirements.
- Assists the Registrar with special projects, tasks or assignments. May serve on committees and represent the Registrar’s Office as needed.
- Assist the Registrar in maintaining the integrity and confidentiality of student records in accordance with FERPA.
Desirable Job Qualifications:
- Experience with Microsoft suite of products
- Demonstrated experience in customer service with a positive, professional demeanor
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact effectively and professionally with all internal and external customers
- Excellent attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy and ability to problem solve.
- Able to work independently with minimal direction or supervision, assuming responsibility for assigned projects
- Able to multitask in fast paced environment
- Work experience in higher education is preferred but not required
- All listed duties and responsibilities are illustrative and will include other job related duties as assigned
- Earned Bachelors’ degree
- Experience with complex computer applications, including demonstrated expertise in database management (Alma College operates Ellucian Colleague as student information software)
- Excellent communication skills and experience with increasing responsibilities within a Registrar’s office setting.
Physical Requirements :
- Sitting at a desk for up to 8 hours
- Lifting up to 20 pounds
Interested candidates must submit an Alma College Application, letter of interest, a current resume and the name, address, email, and phone number of three professional references to Mariah Orzolek, Registrar at email@example.com.
Position is open until filled.
For an Alma College application please go to: https://www.alma.edu/live/files/3085-employment-application.
Alma College is a selective, baccalaureate liberal arts college committed to academic excellence and development of responsible leaders. Alma’s undergraduates thrive on challenging academic programs in a supportive, small-college environment emphasizing active, collaborative learning and close student-faculty interaction. Alma is a private Phi Beta Kappa institution located in the center of Michigan’s Lower Peninsula.
Alma College is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
*Incomplete applications will not be considered.