Department: Center for Student Opportunity
Dates of Employment: June 1st – July 31st
General Statement of Duties:
This position will be responsible for reviewing, updating, and developing assessment for our orientation leader training. This position will be hands on with the curriculum, and at the end of the internship have completed a training curriculum for our students. This position will collaborate with different stakeholders to develop the training that happens concurrently with resident advisor training. This position will also assist with logistics of the first-year student orientation program as we work to evolve the program to fit the ever-changing needs of our incoming students.
Specific Duties Preformed:
- Review Orientation Leader curriculum
- Update Orientation Leader curriculum
- Develop assessment for Orientation Leader training
- Collaborate with Residence Life office to implement Orientation Leader training developed happening concurrently with Resident Advisor training
- Assist with fall Orientation program logistics
- Collaborate with other campus stakeholders about orientation
- Other duties as assigned
- Earned Bachelor’s degree
- Completed at least 1 semester of Graduate Studies in Higher Education, Student Affairs, or related degree
- Demonstrated positive interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicated effectively and project a positive image
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to balance several projects and meet deadlines
- Previous orientation experience
- For working 30 hours per week for the outlined timeframe the individual will receive up to $3,000
- During the internship Alma College will provide housing
Interested candidates should submit an Alma College Application, letter of interest, a current resume and the name, address, email, and phone number of three professional references to Matthew Jones, Assistant Director of Orientation & Greek Life at email@example.com.
Position open until filled.
For an Alma College application please go to: https://www.alma.edu/live/files/3085-employment-application.
Alma College is a selective, baccalaureate liberal arts college committed to academic excellence and development of responsible leaders. Alma’s undergraduates thrive on challenging academic programs in a supportive, small-college environment emphasizing active, collaborative learning and close student-faculty interaction. Alma is a private Phi Beta Kappa institution located in the center of Michigan’s Lower Peninsula.
Alma College is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body.