The Director of Regional Advancement will work collaboratively with staff, faculty and volunteers to achieve a high level of engagement and financial support from alumni, friends, parents and organizations whose philanthropic priorities match programs at the college. The Director of Regional Advancement is responsible for cultivating and soliciting prospects and being an active member of a highly efficient advancement operation.
- Work collaboratively with Advancement colleagues, administrators and faculty to identify priorities and detail the strategies and targeted asks for donors and prospects.
- Maintain continued professional expertise through conferences and seminars/webinars.
- Work with the Associate Director of Prospect Research to identify major donors and ensure that prospects and donors have well-documented and comprehensive records. Respond to referrals of a major gift in a timely manner.
- Identify, qualify, cultivate, solicit and steward major and planned gift prospects and donors in accordance with institutional standards.
- Manage a portfolio of qualified major and planned gift prospects of approximately 100 to 150 and conduct an average of 150 personal visits annually. Participate in events assigned in geographical area(s) as well as other campus activities that may occur.
Supervisor: Associate Vice President for Development
- Ability to travel extensively
- Ability to work weekends and evenings
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Excellent verbal / written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Experience with technology
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Bachelor’s degree
- Five years or more experience in higher education:Proven success and experience running capital campaigns and success fundraising from multiple donor channels
- Master’s degree
- Certified Fundraising Executive (CFRE) certification
- Travel independently in and out of state
- Sitting at a desk for up to 8 hours
- Lifting up to 20 pounds
Interested candidates must submit an Alma College Application, letter of interest, a current resume and the name, address, email, and phone number of three professional references to Dan McKean, Associate Vice President for Development at email@example.com.
Position is open until filled.
For an Alma College application please go to: https://www.alma.edu/live/files/3085-employment-application.
Alma College is a selective, baccalaureate liberal arts college committed to academic excellence and development of responsible leaders. Alma’s undergraduates thrive on challenging academic programs in a supportive, small-college environment emphasizing active, collaborative learning and close student-faculty interaction. Alma is a private Phi Beta Kappa institution located in the center of Michigan’s Lower Peninsula.
Alma College is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
*Incomplete applications will not be considered