The Executive Assistant will provide administrative support to the Vice President for Advancement and External Relations (VP) and ensure efficient operations of the Advancement Office. The Executive Assistant also serves as the liaison to the President’s Office and senior administrative teams; organizes and coordinates executive outreach and external relation efforts; and oversees special projects. The Executive Assistant must have strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organization skills, the ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer service and response. Reporting to the Vice President for Advancement and External Relations, the Executive Assistant will be a highly resourceful team player with the ability to also be extremely effective independently.
- Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks for the Vice President for Advancement and External Relations (VP) including: managing a complex calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; composing and preparing confidential correspondence; arranging comprehensive and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and assembling essential documents for travel-related meetings.
- Assist the VP in the development and preparation of presentations; successfully complete critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach which includes: drafting personal correspondence, responding appropriately and effectively to inquiries via phone, e-mail and one-on-one meetings with staff and external constituencies.
- Assemble and prepare materials for Board of Trustees meetings; as directed and needed, attend all Board of Trustees meetings and maintain committee minutes and correspondence.
- Collaborate with campus departments and Advancement staff to plan and implement group/team meetings and other outreach activities associated with the Advancement Office.
- Monitor department budget which includes tracking expenditures to meet organizational objectives and compliance. Prepare spreadsheets for office budget that may consist of reconciling accounts. Serve as approver for invoices/financial transactions for the department.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the department operational structure, policies and procedures. Apply understanding of the strategic goals, organizational practices, and critical policies and regulations that impact the College.
- Work with the Associate Vice President for Advancement (AVP) to ensure that issues are handled in a timely and appropriate manner in the absence of the Vice President for Advancement and External Relations.
- Supervise and coordinate with administrative staff within the Advancement Office to ensure efficient office coverage; continuously search for opportunities, technologies, practices and systems that improve the operation of the Advancement Office.
- Inventory, manage, and order office supplies.
Supervisor: Vice President for Advancement
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Ability to work weekends and evenings
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Associate’s degree
- Five years of related experience with office administration and customer service skills
- Knowledge of the Ellucian Colleague database
- Bachelor’s degree
- Sitting at a desk for up to 8 hours
- Lifting up to 20 pounds
Interested candidates should submit an Alma College Application, letter of interest, a current resume and the name, address, email, and phone number of three professional references to Matt vandenBerg,Vice President for Advancement at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for applications is Friday, September 20, 2019.
For an Alma College application please go to: https://www.alma.edu/live/files/3085-employment-application.
Alma College is a selective, baccalaureate liberal arts college committed to academic excellence and development of responsible leaders. Alma’s undergraduates thrive on challenging academic programs in a supportive, small-college environment emphasizing active, collaborative learning and close student-faculty interaction. Alma is a private Phi Beta Kappa institution located in the center of Michigan’s Lower Peninsula.
Alma College is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body.