The assistant coach for men’s lacrosse is a part-time position. Alma College is a member of the Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association (MIAA) and the NCAA Division III. The position will assist with all daily aspects of the sport and will participate as an active member of the Athletics Department.
Essential Functions – may include, but not limited to the following:
- Instructing and coaching the men’s lacrosse team
- Manages and directs the lacrosse program; including practices, competitions and scheduling
- Retain current student athletes, monitor grades and academic progress
- Develop student athletes to be contributing members to the campus community and the community at large
- Evaluate and recruit qualified student-athletes; develops a recruiting plan
- Make travel arrangements for the team and recruiting
- Manages a fiscally sound budget and develop fundraisers to support program
- Cooperate with athletic training staff, maintenance staff, transportation staff, and others who are involved in supporting the athletic program
- Assist administration with alumni relations
- Commits to and is responsible for adhering to all rules and regulations set forth for the team, the College, the MIAA, and the NCAA with the utmost integrity
- Work cooperatively with personnel in athletic department, attend department meetings and activities, and always represents the College positively when interacting with the community, alumni, high school and club coaches, media and general public
- Support the philosophy and mission of the College and the athletic department
- Additional administrative duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree
- Knowledge of NCAA Division III and MIAA compliance and conference rules
- Ability to work weekends and evenings, along with travel
- A valid driver’s license and good driving record
- Ability to communicate effectively to various groups and individuals
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Ability to fulfill essential functions of the position
Interested candidates must submit an Alma College application and a cover letter, current resume, and the names of three professional references to Adam Nycz, Head Men’s Lacrosse Coach via email to email@example.com.
For an Alma College application, please go to: https://www.alma.edu/live/files/3085-application-for-employment
Position is open until filled.
Alma College is a selective, baccalaureate liberal arts college committed to academic excellence and development of responsible leaders. Alma’s undergraduates thrive on challenging academic programs in a supportive, small-college environment emphasizing active, collaborative learning and close student-faculty interaction. Alma is a private Phi Beta Kappa institution located in the center of Michigan’s Lower Peninsula.
Alma College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body.