This position will be responsible for completing all phases of the accounts payable function.
This position will work with and under the supervision of the Director of Financial Services.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Verify invoices and/or requisitions to ensure correct general ledger account numbers and proper management approval
• Send incoming invoices to appropriate departments for approval
• Entering invoices for payment
• Print accounts payable checks on a weekly basis
• Collect and maintain vendor contracts and maintain the vendor file
• Work with vendors to ensure proper credit is applied
• Maintain cash advances
• Send wires and order foreign currency
• Check vendor statements monthly and follow-up on inaccuracies
• Track and re-apply for tax exempt certificates as they expire
• Prepare credit applications
• Reconcile specific account on a monthly basis
• Prepare 1099-Misc and 1099-R’s as needed
• Assist staff and students with questions regarding payments and invoices
• Evaluate processes in account payable to increase efficiency
• Implement technological enhancements to improve AP processes and functions
• Assist Financial Services in annual financial audit
• Assist with preparation of and process expense reports for faculty, staff and students
• Cross train with other employees in the Financial Services department to assist as needed
• Other work related duties as assigned
• 5+ years accounts payable or related experience
• Experience in computerized accounts payable system
• Proficient analytical skills
• Proficient data entry
• Customer Service skills
• Ability to meet deadlines
• Work experience in higher education
• Technology skills to use and implement new software
• Ability to sit at a desk for the majority of the work day
• Ability to use a computer the majority of the work day
Interested candidates must submit an Alma College application and a cover letter, current resume, and the names of three professional references via email to Cassie Tennant, Director of Financial & Auxiliary Services/Assistant Controller to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For an Alma College application, please go to: https://www.alma.edu/live/files/3085-application-for-employment.
Deadline for applications is July 19, 2019.
Alma College is a selective, baccalaureate liberal arts college committed to academic excellence and development of responsible leaders. Alma’s undergraduates thrive on challenging academic programs in a supportive, small-college environment emphasizing active, collaborative learning and close student-faculty interaction. Alma is a private Phi Beta Kappa institution located in the center of Michigan’s Lower Peninsula.
Alma College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body.