Position Summary – The Technical Support Specialist provides installation, configuration, maintenance, and support for computers, printers, telephones, mobile devices, and related software
Supervision Received/Supervision Exercised - Reports to the Assistant Director, Instructional Technology and Support Services.
Essential Functions –
- Provides installation, configuration, maintenance, and support for computers, printers, telephones, mobile devices, and related software
- Provide installation, configuration, maintenance, and support for campus audio visual and computer presentation equipment.
- Works independently or collaboratively as required to diagnose and repair all types of hardware, operating systems, software, and device data communication issues
- Monitors IT Service Management System requests and resolves issues in a timely manner
- Assists in developing documentation and providing customer training
- Maintains complete and up-to-date equipment service and inventory records
- Maintains up-to-date information technology knowledge and skills
- Actively participates in developing device management standards
- Assists help desk with support of student devices
- On occasion, must work after hours, including evenings, holidays, and weekends
- Performs work related duties as assigned by Assistant Director, Instructional Technology and Support Services
Required Qualifications – Associates Degree in IT Support or related degree, or equivalent certifications with two years of relevant experience; Demonstrated ability to diagnose and resolve technical problems; Knowledge of Windows, OSX, iOS, and Android operating systems; Experience with common desktop software including Word Processing, Spreadsheet, Data Base, Presentation, and Email; Experience with wired and wireless data communications; Professional oral and written communication skills.
Preferred Qualifications – Bachelor’s Degree in IT Support or related degree; Enterprise technical support experience; Familiarity with ITIL support principles; JAMF or similar desktop management experience; Microsoft Group Policy/Active Directory experience; Proficiency in Powershell, Applescript, VBScript, and Bash scripting; Certifications.
Physical Requirements – Regular lifting of up to 35 lbs. and carrying equipment between various campus locations.
Application Process - Interested candidates must submit an Alma College application, letter of interest, current resume, and three professional references to Andrew Bare, Assistant Director, Instructional Technology and Support Staff Services at email@example.com.
Review of applications will begin April 26 and continue until the position is filled.
For an Alma College application, please go to: https://www.alma.edu/live/files/897-employment application.
Alma College is a selective, baccalaureate liberal arts college committed to academic excellence and development of responsible leaders. Alma’s undergraduates thrive on challenging academic programs in a supportive, small-college environment emphasizing active, collaborative learning and close student-faculty interaction. Alma is a private Phi Beta Kappa institution located in the center of Michigan’s Lower Peninsula.
Alma College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body.