Alma College is seeking an innovative admissions professional to assist with international recruitment and day to day operations of the Admissions Office. This position is an admissions generalist, supporting the overall work of the department. Our new colleague must enjoy working in a fast-paced environment where priorities can change quickly to meet the needs of our constituents. The position reports to the Senior Director of Admissions, supervises student employees and serves as a resource for campus on a variety of recruiting initiatives.
- Interview and counsel future students and their parents on college admission requirements and the overall college choice process
- Plan and/or participate in on- and off-campus Admissions activities to professionally represent and promote the college to external constituencies
- Manage operational processes for international student recruitment including day-to-day communication, marketing, and facilitating completion of required documentation
- Lead orientation for new international students
- Facilitate daily operations of the department, including but not limited to scheduling, serving as back-up for admissions representatives, and conducting meetings with families
- Train and supervise a large staff of student employees that includes student ambassadors, tour guides, admissions services assistants, overnight hosts, and tele-counselors
- Collaborate effectively with campus partners, including, but not limited to Student Affairs, Housing, Alumni and Family Engagement, and Financial Aid
- Review admissions files and make admissions decisions under the direction of the Senior Director of Admissions
- Assist with the development and execution of communication and marketing content for review by the director, including drafting persuasive and engaging text for prospective students and their families.
Duties will include evening and weekend work and international, domestic, and local travel.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in admissions, enrollment, or similar field
- Excellent professional communication skills (verbal, interpersonal and written) to present a positive impression of the college
- A valid driver’s license and good driving record
- Ability to work productively both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to organize tasks and set priorities
- Demonstrated ability to analyze data and assess results
- Ability to make independent professional judgments with integrity
- Ability to network effectively with faculty, staff, students, and alumni
- Experience working with international and/or transfer admissions processes
- Fluency in a second language or experience with international travel
- Experience with the international student visa process
- Travel independently in and out of state via car, airplane or train as necessary
- Lifting up to 20 pounds
- Working at a desk for extended periods of time
Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest, a current résumé, a completed Alma College application, and the name, address, e-mail, and phone number of three professional references to Cristy Omans at email@example.com.
For an Alma College application, please go to: https://www.alma.edu/live/files/897-employment-application.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled; preference will be given to applicants who apply by April 15, 2019.
Alma College is a selective, baccalaureate liberal arts college committed to academic excellence and development of responsible leaders. Alma’s undergraduates thrive on challenging academic programs in a supportive, small-college environment emphasizing active, collaborative learning and close student-faculty interaction. Alma is a private Phi Beta Kappa institution located in the center of Michigan’s Lower Peninsula.
Alma College is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body.