Members of the Alma College chapter of the Business Professionals of America
competed in the State Leadership Conference in Grand Rapids, capturing 12 top-three awards and earning a total of 18 top-five finishes in different competition categories.
Alma’s state award winners will join students from across the country May 1-5 to showcase their business skills at the 2019 National Leadership Conference in Anaheim, Calif.
BPA competitions range from individual to team, from objective tests to judged presentations. Categories cover multiple topics — from accounting, business law and financial literacy to computer programming, digital publishing and database applications.
Beyond the competition, the national conference offers opportunities for each chapter to network and interact with students and professionals from other institutions. Each student will have the ability to participate in workshops, tours and more.
Alma’s award-winners at the Michigan conference included the following:
- Samantha Courtright, Leslie sophomore (first place)
- Nino Lazariia, Moscow, Russia, exchange student (first place)
- Anna Shokina, Moscow, Russia, exchange student (first place)
- Nick Fowler, Alma sophomore (five top-5 placements)
- Kali Rhines, Grand Rapids senior (five top-5 placements)
- Kasidey Easlick, Gladwin sophomore (three top-5 placements)
- Allison Harbaugh, Montgomery first-year student (three top-5 placements)