The students of Alma College Dance will perform a variety of dance styles during the annual Student Choreographers’ Concert.
Performances will take place at 7:30 p.m. Friday, Feb. 1 and at 2:30 and 7:30 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 2 in the Remick Heritage Center Dance Studio. Admission is free and open to the public, though seating is reserved and limited. Call (989) 463-7304 for ticket information.
“No overarching theme is present in the works of this show. Instead, each choreographer has brought something a little different and unique,” says co-director Allison Muenzer. “There is surely a piece for everyone to enjoy.”
The entirely student-run production will include representations of modern, contemporary, pointe and lyrical dance styles. Co-directors are Muenzer and Kathryn Todd.
- Allison Boulware, Canton junior
- Meredith Bowles, Howell sophomore
- Jordan Gasby, Chicago junior
- Sadie Gelb, Indianapolis senior
- Rebecca Gieleghem, Warren junior
- Trevon Mason, Dearborn sophomore
- Allison Muenzer, Fenton junior
- Maureen Murphy, Royal Oak senior
- Shanell Ramos, Alma senior
- Abbie Richardson, Elwell senior
- Magdalene Schneider, Lakewood, Ohio, junior
- Jocelyn Sweeney, Highland junior
- Mackenzie Taylor, Port Clinton, Ohio, sophomore
- Kathryn Todd, Brighton junior