Alma College, Alma, Michigan invites applications for an Instructor/Assistant Professor of Nursing in our BSN Nursing Program. A doctorate is required for tenure-track appointment.
Reporting to the Chair of the Nursing Program, the successful candidate’s primary responsibilities will include teaching in the classroom and clinical settings in the BSN nursing program at Alma College. Full-time teaching load is six units per year. In addition, responsibilities include scholarship within the discipline, service on committees, and full-time participation in official activities of the Nursing Program and Alma College. The position requires a master’s degree in nursing; a doctoral degree is preferred, and required for a tenure-track appointment at the Assistant Professor level.
- Master’s degree in nursing or a related field
- Clinical experience
- Commitment to teaching, scholarship, and service that is consistent with the College’s priorities for the nursing program and the mission of Alma College
- Ability to contribute to a positive work environment in the nursing program and Alma College
- Technological literacy and a commitment to integrate technology in teaching and scholarship
- Commitment to professional service within the College and beyond
- Active Michigan Registered Nurse license
- Commitment to recruiting, advising, retaining, and mentoring qualified students
- Doctoral degree in nursing or related field
- A minimum of one year full-time college teaching experience
- Experience in Mental Health Nursing and/or Pediatrics/Maternal Child Nursing
- Experience working with a diverse student body
- Certification in a specialty area (including, but not limited to, maternal-child health nursing, mental health nursing, pediatric nursing, adult health nursing, critical care nursing, family nurse practitioner, or community health nursing)
Please send a letter of application, statement of teaching philosophy, curriculum vitae or resume, and contact information for three references to: Jodie Reeves, Coordinator, Nursing Search Committee (email@example.com). Review of materials will begin on January 31, 2019 and continue until the position is filled.
A Phi Beta Kappa institution, Alma College is a selective, baccalaureate liberal arts college committed to academic excellence and an equal opportunity employer committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body. For more information about the College, visit www.alma.edu.