Position Duration: 12 month/full-time
The Associate Director of Corporate & Foundation Relations (the Associate Director) identifies, solicits, and stewards funding sources that support annual operating support needs, capital projects, and other institutional priorities. The Associate Director coordinates the research, writing, and submission of grant requests / proposals to external funding organizations. The Associate Director works closely with the Vice President for Advancement and External Relations, the Assistant / Associate Vice President for Development, the Office of Athletics, the Office of the Provost, the office of the Chief Operating Officer, and other campus partners to ensure that funding proposals align with institutional priorities and procedures. The Associate Director leads planning and implementation of the Corporate Partners Program, an annual giving program focused primarily on generating support for the Scot Loyalty Fund (athletics).
Conduct prospect research and develop an annual grants strategy;
Develop grant proposals to foundations, corporations, and other grant-making organizations, persuasively communicating the organization’s mission and programs to potential funders;
Manage the internal grant writing process, including meetings which capitalize on staff knowledge and technical contributions;
Lead planning and implementation of the Corporate Partners Program, an annual giving program focused primarily on generating budget-related support for the Scot Loyalty Fund (athletics);
Communicate with potential partners on ongoing grant applications;
Assemble and submit grant requests, including letters, proposals, budgets, and presentations;
Coordinate and follow up on the progress of submitted proposals;
Establish and maintain personal contact and relationships with foundation contacts, program officers, and corporate staff;
Ensure prompt acknowledgement of gifts;
Maintain calendar to ensure timely submission of letters of inquiry, proposal deadlines, and reports;
Prioritize projects to keep multiple projects moving in a timely manner, meet deadlines, and manage supplemental material required for proposals.
Provide writing support for major donor and individual contribution letters and acknowledgements.
Perform other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of two (2) years’ experience – three to five is preferred – in research, grant writing, and non-profit organizations.
- Demonstrated ability to write successfully crafted grant proposals and reports in a clear and compelling manner.
- Superior writing, analytical, and research skills.
- Ability to work well independently and be self-motivated, detail-oriented, and highly organized.
- Experience using online databases and other sources to locate biographical, financial, and philanthropic information.
- A high level of computer literacy, including familiarity with Foundation Center databases.
- Proficiency with computers and Microsoft Office product suite.
- Four-year degree from accredited college or university.
Supervisor: Assistant / Associate Vice President for Development
- Ability to perform basic office functions.
- Tasks may involve extended periods of time at a keyboard or work station.
- Travel as required.
Interested candidates must submit an Alma College application, a letter of interest, a current resume, and the names, e-mail addresses, and phone numbers of three professional references to Rebecca Graham, Executive Assistant at email@example.com.
For an Alma College application, please go to: https://www.alma.edu/live/files/897-employment-application.
Review of applications will begin immediately.
Alma College is a selective, baccalaureate liberal arts college committed to academic excellence and development of responsible leaders. Alma’s undergraduates thrive on challenging academic programs in a supportive, small-college environment emphasizing active, collaborative learning and close student-faculty interaction. Alma is a private Phi Beta Kappa institution located in the center of Michigan’s Lower Peninsula.
Alma College is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body.