The applicant’s primary responsibility will assist sports information director in the publicity, promotion and game day needs of Alma College’s 26 varsity athletic programs. In addition, this position is responsible for the multimedia needs at Alma College athletic facilities during home events.
Reports to: Sports Information Director and Director of Athletics
Supervises: Student assistants and student workers
Essential functions - may include, but not limited to the following:
- Serve as primary contact for sports assigned.
- Assist Sports Information Director with updating of athletic website and game coverage for assigned sports.
- Assist with scheduling of sports information student workers.
- Collaborate with digital media coordinator on team photos, mug shots, intro videos, etc.
- Coordinate photographers (students of digital media coordinator) for all games.
- Assist with the management of athletic social media accounts.
- Coordinate the production of highlight videos, manage athletics on YouTube.
- Coordinate video streaming of athletic events.
- Assist Student-Athlete Advisory Committee with all multimedia needs for Scotty Awards.
- Create video and audio content for the Daktronics board(s), including game presentation scripts, headshots, graphics and all other media associated with athletic events, including advertising. Also coordinate the operation of video boards during home events.
- Available for all tournaments to assist/manage.
- Manage event setup and tear down of sports information equipment at home athletic events.
- Assist and lead the in-game statistics using Stat Crew and Presto Sports software.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong writing skills, organizational and people skills
- Ability to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed
- Video editing and shooting skills and knowledge of graphic design elements
- Ability to work collaboratively with office colleagues, faculty, students, staff across disciplines.
- A valid driver’s license and good driving record
- Ability to fulfil essential functions of the position
- Sports information, Web content management, live stats and video experience.
- Knowledge of sports statistics software
- Knowledge of publications development.
- Working knowledge of Photoshop, InDesign, Final Cut Pro, Motion, and Stat Crew
- Knowledge of Daktronics software, including Show Control
Walking around campus and ability to physically access press boxes. Sitting at a desk up to eight hours per day.
Interested candidates must submit an Alma College application and a cover letter, current resume, and the names of three professional references via email to Zach Russo, Sports Information Director @ firstname.lastname@example.org
For an Alma College application, please go to: https://www.alma.edu/live/files/897-employment-application
Position open until filled.
Alma College is a selective, baccalaureate liberal arts college committed to academic excellence and development of responsible leaders. Alma’s undergraduates thrive on challenging academic programs in a supportive, small-college environment emphasizing active, collaborative learning and close student-faculty interaction. Alma is a private Phi Beta Kappa institution located in the center of Michigan’s Lower Peninsula.
Alma College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body.