A 1983 graduate of Alma College and Midland resident, Blackhurst has served on the Alma board since 2011. He replaces Michael Sherman, who will continue to serve as a trustee after completing a three-year term as board chair.
Bryan Segedi, retired certified public accountant and partner with Ernst & Young and 1981 graduate, will serve as vice chair. Darryl Schimeck, managing partner with Blue Streak Estates and a 1982 graduate, continues as board secretary.
Trustees also have approved the appointment of five new members to the 34-member board:
- Carol Burns, president, Burns Epidemiology Consulting, Sanford, Mich. She and her husband, Paul Burns, are members of the Alma College Parent Board.
- Robert Cramer, vice president, University of Wisconsin System Administration, Madison, Wisc. He is a 1988 graduate of Alma College.
- Stephen Falk, retired president, Northwestern Memorial Foundation, Hinsdale, Ill. He is a 1972 graduate of Alma College.
- Deborah Lynch Fitzgerald, senior vice president and chief information officer, Deltek, Herndon, Va. She is a 1993 graduate of Alma College.
- Karen Magnuson, editor and vice president for news, Democrat and Chronicle, Rochester, N.Y. She is a 1978 graduate of Alma College.