Salary and title are dependent upon experience and qualifications. This position reports to the Senior Director of Admissions and coordinates diversity recruitment activities for the college. The primary territory will be in southeast Michigan although activities may also involve other targeted recruiting areas. The individual in this role will lead the development, implementation, and evaluation of a comprehensive student recruitment plan and serve as a resource for the campus.
• Develop and implement diversity recruitment initiatives that help to meet the strategic recruitment goals of the college
• Assist with campus-wide recruitment efforts related to multicultural student scholarships, area specific scholarship programs, community based organization partnerships, and on and off campus events
• Collaborate with campus partners on diversity and inclusion programming
• Interview and counsel future students and their parents on college admission requirements and the overall college choice process
• Represent and promote the college to external constituencies and participate in on and off campus Admissions activities including a specific recruitment territory
• Perform targeted communication and telecounseling with prospective students and their families
• Take an active role in facilitating admissions events
This position requires evening and weekend work and significant travel during the fall.
1. Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
2. Strong communication skills (interpersonal and written)
3. Ability to connect and build relationships with prospective students and families
4. Experience creating, managing, and assessing events and/or programs, particularly those serving minority students and families
5. Ability to establish and maintain positive and collaborative relationships with community-based organizations, including faith-based and multicultural organizations.
6. A valid driver’s license and good driving record
7. Self-motivated and goal oriented
8. Ability to work both independently as well as part of a team
9. Positive attitude
1. Three years of admissions or other relevant professional experience in higher education
2. A proven track record of success meeting recruitment goals
Interested candidates must submit an Alma College application for employment, letter of interest, a current résumé, and the name, address, e-mail, and phone number of three professional references to: email@example.com.
For an Alma College employment application, please go to: https://www.alma.edu/live/files/897-employment-application.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled, preference will be given to applicants who apply by July 16, 2018.
Alma College is a selective, baccalaureate liberal arts college committed to academic excellence and development of responsible leaders. Alma’s undergraduates thrive on challenging academic programs in a supportive, small-college environment emphasizing active, collaborative learning and close student-faculty interaction. Alma is a private Phi Beta Kappa institution located in the center of Michigan’s Lower Peninsula.
Alma College is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body.