Position Summary - The Network Administrator is responsible for data communications and network services.
Supervision Received/Supervision Exercised - Reports to the Director of Systems and Networking.
Essential Functions –
1. Provide installation, maintenance, and support of network systems and services.
2. Regularly evaluate network systems and perform necessary software and firmware updates.
3. Assist in network capacity planning, regularly reporting on utilization levels and trends.
4. Maintain network systems consistent with current security standards and best practices.
5. Coordinate cable television, IP Camera network, and VoIP services support.
6. Provide backup for all infrastructure team support responsibilities.
7. Collaborate within ITS and across the campus community to implement and support network systems and services.
8. On occasion, must work after hours, including holidays, and weekends, and be available on an on-call basis.
9. Perform duties as assigned by the Director of Systems and Networking.
Required Qualifications - Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field with two (2) years of experience; or specific network training and certifications with four (4) years of enterprise network experience. Demonstrated ability to support network systems with working knowledge of network hardware, software, and common network services and protocols. Strong analytical and communications skills.
Preferred Qualifications- Experience with Aruba wireless, Clearpass network access control, Sonicwall, HP Procurve switches, Microsoft Active Directory, Active Directory Federation Services, VMWare, and VoIP.
Physical Requirements - Lifting up to 25 lbs.
For full consideration candidates must submit an Alma College application, a cover letter, current resume, and the names of three professional references via email to Kyle Warner, Director of Systems and Networking at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For an Alma College application, please go to: https://www.alma.edu/live/files/897-employment-application
Review of applications will begin July 18, 2018 and continue until position is filled.
Alma College is a selective, baccalaureate liberal arts college committed to academic excellence and development of responsible leaders. Alma’s undergraduates thrive on challenging academic programs in a supportive, small-college environment emphasizing active, collaborative learning and close student-faculty interaction. Alma is a private Phi Beta Kappa institution located in the center of Michigan’s Lower Peninsula.
Alma College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body.