Alma College recognized four individuals with Presidential Awards for Excellence at the 2018 Awards and Recognition Reception for Administrative and Support Staff.
Kathy Doran, office specialist in the Registrar’s Office, and Marc Robertson, mechanical shop supervisor in facilities and service management, received the awards for support staff. Andrew Bare, assistant director for instructional technology, and Rhonda Linn, assistant director academic support and disabilities services in the Center for Student Opportunity, received the Presidential Awards for administrators.
Faculty, administrators and support staff members nominate non-faculty colleagues for final selection by the president and vice presidents. The award winners each received an engraved plaque and $250 award.
Doran was nominated for her stable and expert presence in the Registrar’s Office. “She is a uniquely engaging and hard-working person,” wrote her nominator. “Kathy is a team player and always puts students at the center of her work.”
Robertson was nominated for his professionalism, dedication and willingness to give extra effort. “He is just a great person to work with,” wrote his nominator. “What makes Marc stand out is his friendly fun nature and ability to communicate well with coworkers and customers.”
Bare was nominated for his technical skills and helpfulness. “Andrew’s prodigious ability in instructional technology and film coupled with his sincere desire to assistant faculty, students and staff in any needed capacity makes him an invaluable asset to Alma College,” wrote his nominator.
Linn was nominated for her intellectual decisions, respectful communication and strong work ethic. “Rhonda comes in early and stays late, focusing her attention on what she can do for our students,” wrote her nominator.
Outstanding Commitment to Service
The service and leadership initiative areas of the Center for Student Opportunity selected Viki Everhart, acquisitions and special collections specialist in the library, and Scott Dennison, associate director of facilities and service management, as the recipients of the Outstanding Commitment to Service Award.
Everhart was recognized for her active involvement with the “Keep Alma Beautiful” organization, while Dennison was honored for his many years of dedication and support with Boy Scouts, including mentoring young men to be Eagle Scouts.
Administrators, Support Staff Receive Service Awards
Many Alma College employees received Length of Service Awards.
- Karen Klumpp, associate provost
- Dennis Griffin, head softball coach
- Sue Deel, assistant provost
- Nancy Harger, facilities office supervisor
- Kristine Kelley, auxiliary services office associate
- Trent Wiederhold, custodian
- Kevin Lombard, general maintenance worker
- Leslie Wadle, custodian
- Sharon Bartholomew, receptionist/operator
- Brent Domine, senior director of regional advancement
- David Hemmingson, grounds supervisor
- Jodie Reeves, administrative assistant provost office
- Cindy Sischo, custodian
- John Luneack, custodian
- Sallie Scheide, assistant director CSO and responsible leadership and service learning coordinator
- Cary Terwillger, custodian
- Cheri Brauher, data analysis coordinator
- Jessie DeHann, assistant director Michigan Academy and membership coordinator
- Doug Dice, director of facilities and service management
- Sheryle Dixon, director of grants and sponsors research
- John Oleksinski, HVAC worker
- Marc Robertson, mechanical shop supervisor
- Robert Burns, chemistry lab specialist
- Ryan DeLorenzo, custodian third shift
- Courtney Hale, director of enrollment systems and data analytics
- Roxann Harrington, administrative assistant student affairs
- Brady Hopkins, associate athletic trainer
- Carla Jensen, assistant director CSO for venture program and off-campus studies
- Alice Kramer, director of residence Life
- Carrie Lewis, assistant director of admissions
- Judith McKenna, director of nursing education and associate professor of nursing education
- John Roberts, strength and conditioning coach and administrator in residence
- Gabriel Rodriguez, custodian
- Dusty Seeley, mechanic
- Carolyn Studley, E-stem camp director
- Don Taylor, electrician
- Katie Yourchock, associate director of admissions
- Susan Wright, Library
- Terri Freeland, counseling and wellness center
- Jan Pratt, facilities
- Ken Borgman, human resources
- Carol Zeile, library