Alma College is seeking an Admissions Event and Camp Coordinator, responsible for the planning, organization and execution of admissions events and summer camp programming. The Event and Camp Coordinator will collaborate frequently with faculty and staff from across campus. This is a full-time twelve-month exempt position. Salary is dependent upon experience and qualifications.
• Plan all on-campus admissions events and group visits and coordinate with territory managers for off-campus events
• Create staffing plan for all event days throughout the year
• Organize, promote, and facilitate on-campus recruitment-driven camps with campus partners
• Maintain admissions event and summer camps web pages, CRM (Slate) event modules, and event-specific communication and marketing
• Supervise Event Student Assistants, and collaborate with the Associate Director of Admissions on student staffing for events
• Creatively engage faculty, students and staff in events to generate excitement and momentum for participants
• Partner with the Communication and Marketing staff to promote events and camps to encourage prospective student attendance
• Manage registrations for all events and camps
• Attend and facilitate all on-campus admissions events; independently problem-solve unexpected challenges when management is not available.
• Ensure assessment of each event to determine effective use of resources and satisfaction of the target audiences.
• Serve as a backup for the Admissions Guest Services and Visit Coordinator
This position also requires occasional travel as well as night and weekend work.
• Bachelor’s degree or a combined minimum of 6 years of related experience and coursework completed towards a bachelor’s degree
• Strong communication skills (interpersonal and written)
• Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and follow through
• Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Word, PowerPoint, Excel
• Ability to connect and build relationships with faculty, staff and students
• A valid driver’s license and a good driving record
• Ability to maintain a positive, professional attitude and demeanor despite tight deadlines or unexpected challenges.
• A minimum of one year of event planning experience
• Two or more years of event planning experience
• Higher education event planning experience
Interested candidates must submit an Alma College application, a letter of interest, a current résumé, and the name, address, e-mail, and phone number of three professional references to:
Kelly Austin, Administrative Assistant, at email@example.com
For an Alma College application, please go to: https://www.alma.edu/live/files/897-employment-application.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Preference will be given to applicants who apply by June 22, 2018.
Alma College is a selective, baccalaureate liberal arts college committed to academic excellence and development of responsible leaders. Alma’s undergraduates thrive on challenging academic programs in a supportive, small-college environment emphasizing active, collaborative learning and close student-faculty interaction. Alma is a private Phi Beta Kappa institution located in the center of Michigan’s Lower Peninsula.
Alma College is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body.