To coordinate the Facilities and Service Management (FSM) “work order” system, assuring good communications between FSM shops, administrative functions, vendors, students, faculty and staff. Provide periodic timely reporting to upper management.
Supervision Received/Supervision Exercised:
This position reports to the Director of Facilities and Service Management. The position directs and oversees the day-to-day work assignments to the department shops. The primary focus for this position will be the responsibility to manage the work order system and coordinate the flow of information to and from the several department shops and the customers that FSM serves.
• Manage the campus FSM work order system. Make sure all requests are properly documented and assigned. Follow-up to ensure timely completion and customer satisfaction. Train campus employees on proper usage of system.
• Ensure outstanding communication within FSM division, with campus faculty and staff, and with outside contractors and vendors.
• Provide weekly, monthly and annual reports to FSM team.
• Ensure all outside contractors properly sign in and are made aware of College policies prior to conducting work on campus.
• Enhance campus safety by overseeing control over keys, maintaining card-swipe software, overseeing installation and maintenance of all door locks, and other safety measures.
• Oversee campus parking, including lot assignment, issuance of permanent and temporary permits, and parking map creation and distribution.
Other Duties (in conjunction with office clerical staff):
• Work with staff to ensure time worked is properly captured and submitted for payment.
• Insure vendor invoices are properly reviewed for accuracy, coded, approved and submitted for payment on a timely basis.
• Maintain radio communication system, including licensing, repairs, and staff training.
• Manage college motor pool. Communicate with outside service providers as needed. Maintain vehicle maintenance records.
• Minimum of five years of office management or equivalent experience
• Outstanding organizational skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Proven customer service skills
• Understanding of basic Mechanical, Electrical, Carpentry and Housekeeping shop functions
• Computer skills, including Word, Excel, “mail and calendar software”, web-based programs
• Associates or higher degree and/or facility trades certification(s)/license
• Ability to work eight hours minimum per day
• Ability to sit or stand at a work desk for the majority of the day
• Ability to move about all areas of the campus
For full consideration candidates must submit an Alma College application, cover letter, current resume, and the names of three professional references via email to Doug Dice, Director of Facilities and Service Management @ firstname.lastname@example.org.
For an Alma College application, please go to: https://www.alma.edu/live/files/897-employment-application.
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Alma College is a selective, baccalaureate liberal arts college committed to academic excellence and development of responsible leaders. Alma’s undergraduates thrive on challenging academic programs in a supportive, small-college environment emphasizing active, collaborative learning and close student-faculty interaction. Alma is a private Phi Beta Kappa institution located in the center of Michigan’s Lower Peninsula.
Alma College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body.