Responsible for assisting the head coach with the intercollegiate competitive cheer and STUNT program, including but not limited to: coaching, recruiting qualified student athletes, fundraising, camps, developing schedules, budget management, building community support for the program, monitoring academic progress of student athletes, and knowledge of applicable ACCCA rules. This is a full-time position.
Reports to: Head cheer and STUNT coach
Essential Functions – may include, but not limited to the following:
• Coach the Spirit Squad (basketball sideline team)
• Assist cheer and STUNT team
• Assist in overseeing all aspects of the program, including practices, competition and home basketball games.
• Assist in the recruiting plan of the program, evaluate and recruit qualified student athletes
• Assist in fundraising activities to enhance program
• Monitor class schedules, grades and academic progress of program student athletes
• Model good sportsmanship and enforce sportsmanlike behavior among student athletes
• Assist administration with alumni relations
• Commits to and is responsible for adhering to all rules and regulations set forth for the team, the College, and the ACCCA with the utmost integrity.
• Work cooperatively with personnel in athletic department, attend department meetings and activities, and always represents the College positively when interacting with the community, alumni, high school and club coaches, media and general public.
• Support the philosophy and mission of the College and the athletic department.
• Develop student-athletes to be contributing members to the campus community and the community at large.
• Other duties as assigned by head cheer and STUNT coach or athletic director
• Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred)
• Collegiate level playing and/or coaching experience
• Knowledge of NCAA Division III, STUNT, and NCA as well as an understanding of the NCAA Division III student athlete philosophy
• Ability to work evenings and weekends, along with travel
• A valid driver’s license and good driving record
• Ability to fulfil essential function of the position
Interested candidates must submit an Alma College application and a cover letter, current resume, and the names of three professional references via email to Michelle Sabourin, Cheer and STUNT Head Coach at email@example.com.
For an Alma College application, please go to: https://www.alma.edu/live/files/897-employment-application
Position is open until filled.
Alma College is a selective, baccalaureate liberal arts college committed to academic excellence and development of responsible leaders. Alma’s undergraduates thrive on challenging academic programs in a supportive, small-college environment emphasizing active, collaborative learning and close student-faculty interaction. Alma is a private Phi Beta Kappa institution located in the center of Michigan’s Lower Peninsula.
Alma College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body.