Position Summary: The financial records associate processes gifts and pledges to Alma College, generates correspondence, and completes departmental reports.
• Process all gifts and pledges, including cash, checks, securities, gifts-in-kind, credit cards, bank drafts, matching gifts, and payroll deductions
• Complete data entry and generate correspondence as assigned
• Generate, distribute, and reconcile reports in accordance with industry standards and campus policies and procedures
• Perform other administrative duties as assigned, such as assisting with phones, maintaining RSVP lists, and staffing Advancement events
• Ability to maintain confidential information
• Excellent organizational and office-related computer skills
• Excellent verbal / written communication skills
• Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast-paced office setting
• Experience working in a database system or with report generation
• Ability to enter data efficiently and accurately
• Three to five years of experience in higher education finance, banking, or in financial recordkeeping.
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field
• Sitting at a desk for up to 8 hours
• Lifting up to 20 pounds
• Position requires occasional evening and weekend work.
For full consideration applicants must submit an Alma College application, a cover letter and current resume to email@example.com by 4:00 p.m., Friday, May 25, 2018. For an Alma College application please go to: https://www.alma.edu/live/files/897-employment-application.
Alma College is a selective, baccalaureate liberal arts college committed to academic excellence and development of responsible leaders. Alma’s undergraduates thrive on challenging academic programs in a supportive, small-college environment emphasizing active, collaborative learning and close student-faculty interaction. Alma is a private Phi Beta Kappa institution located in the center of Michigan’s Lower Peninsula.
Alma College is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body.